ClassCastException: com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.xmlsoap.Nameincompat ible - Websphere

This is a discussion on ClassCastException: com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.xmlsoap.Nameincompat ible - Websphere ; We are using the Java API for IBM FileNet P8. Our code works successfully when used from a console application. However, when we execute the code from within some JAX-WS web services in WebSphere 6.1, it fails with the following: ...

  1. ClassCastException: com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.xmlsoap.Nameincompat ible

    We are using the Java API for IBM FileNet P8. Our code works successfully when used from a console application. However, when we execute the code from within some JAX-WS web services in WebSphere 6.1, it fails with the following:

    java.lang.ClassCastException: com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.xmlsoap.Name incompatible with com.systinet.saaj.soap.NameImpl
    at com.systinet.saaj.soap.SOAPHeaderImpl.getSOAPEleme nt(SOAPHeaderImpl.java:60)
    at com.systinet.saaj.soap.SOAPElementImpl.addChildEle ment(SOAPElementImpl.java:73)
    at com.systinet.saaj.soap.SOAPHeaderImpl.addHeaderEle ment(SOAPHeaderImpl.java:24)
    at com.filenet.apiimpl.wsi.ClientHeaderProcessor.hand leOutput(ClientHeaderProcessor.java:90)

    When I investigated further, I found that WebSphere uses a SOAPFactory implementation that is different from the console application. This seems to be the source of the incompatible types.

    The following link describes ways to control the SOAPFactory implementation class: http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/ap...l#newInstance() However, none of those steps work within WebSphere.

    If I set javax.xml.soap.SOAPFactory=com.systinet.saaj.soap. SOAPFactoryImpl, WebSphere ignores it and loads: com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.xmlsoap.SOAPFactory

    Any ideas about what I can look at? Thanks!

  2. Re: ClassCastException: com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.xmlsoap.Nameincompat ible

    Hi.
    Look here : http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5326733
    I think you have same problem.

+ Reply to Thread