Impossible to recover from an failed ModStartupBean - Websphere

This is a discussion on Impossible to recover from an failed ModStartupBean - Websphere ; Hi, I've noticed that an EAR containing ModStartup beans that fail on startup (ex: remote services is down), becomes corrupt, throwing DuplicateHomeNameException every time it's re-initiated, even after the failing conditions have been corrected (remote services are available,etc.). At the ...

  1. Impossible to recover from an failed ModStartupBean

    Hi, I've noticed that an EAR containing ModStartup beans that fail on startup (ex: remote services is down), becomes corrupt, throwing DuplicateHomeNameException every time it's re-initiated, even after the failing conditions have been corrected (remote services are available,etc.).

    At the moment, the only way fix the EAR is to reboot the WAS, and in the process making sure the "event cache" files are deleted.

    The AppStartup bean does not have the same problem and works as expected.

    The attached file contains tests I created to demonstrate the problem. To execute them, just deploy and start all the EARs, and launch the JUnitEE servlet (ex: http://localhost:9084/wWASStartupBea...er/TestServlet).

    Can anyone comment on the 'Module Startup Bean' behaviour? Any suggestions on an correction?

    Regards,
    Bruno Lopes

  2. Re: Impossible to recover from an failed ModStartupBean

+ Reply to Thread