Deploying refresh pack to Deployment Manager on WASND 6.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Deploying refresh pack to Deployment Manager on WASND 6.0 - Websphere ; When I try to deploy 6.0-WS-WAS-LinuxX32-RP0000002.tar to the deployment manager, I get an error message that basically states the product is not valid. Any ideas? Details: --------------------------------------------------- IBM Update Installer for WebSphere Software is being run from an incorrect path. ...

  1. Deploying refresh pack to Deployment Manager on WASND 6.0

    When I try to deploy 6.0-WS-WAS-LinuxX32-RP0000002.tar to the deployment manager, I get an error message that basically states the product is not valid. Any ideas?

    Details:
    IBM Update Installer for WebSphere Software is being run from an incorrect path.

    It mist be run from the /updateinstaller directory, where is the installation location of the product to be updated.

    In the logs /logs/update there are two directories:
    *Directory unknown.install, the file updatelog.txt has the following snippet:
    (Jul 21, 2009 12:09:08 AM), UpdateInstaller, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.PopulateTitleBa rAction, msg1, IBM Update Installer for WebSphere Software V6.0.2.7
    (Jul 21, 2009 12:09:08 AM), UpdateInstaller, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.IdentifySelecte dProductAction, err, CWUPI0012E: A supported product could not be detected at the specified location.
    (Jul 21, 2009 12:09:08 AM), UpdateInstaller, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.SetExitCodeActi on, msg1, CWUPI0000I: EXITCODE=1
    (Jul 21, 2009 12:09:08 AM), UpdateInstaller, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.ISMPLogSuccessM essageAction, msg1, INSTCONFFAILED

    *Directory tmp, the file updatetrace.log has the following :

    2009-07-21T12:43:06
    1248198186402
    8
    com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.logging.J2SELoggin gBridge
    WARNING
    class com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.product.ProductPlu gin

    10
    Exception: com.ibm.ws.install.ni.updi.product.xd.XDV6ProductP lugin

    2009-07-21T12:43:06
    1248198186403
    9
    com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.logging.J2SELoggin gBridge
    WARNING
    class com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.product.ProductPlu gin

    10
    Stack trace follows...

    2009-07-21T12:43:06
    1248198186406
    10
    com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.logging.J2SELoggin gBridge
    WARNING
    class com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.product.ProductPlu gin

    10
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.ws.install.ni.updi.product.xd.XDV6ProductP lugin
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava(Compiled Code))
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche r.java(Compiled Code))
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.plugin.NIFPlugin.c reatePlugin(NIFPlugin.java:693)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.plugin.NIFPlugin.c reatePlugins(NIFPlugin.java:115)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.product.ProductPlu gin.initAggregatedAndAvailableProductPlugins(Produ ctPlugin.java:394)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.product.ProductPlu gin.init(ProductPlugin.java:201)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.plugin.NIFPlugin.c reatePlugin(NIFPlugin.java:708)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.plugin.NIFPlugin.c reatePlugins(NIFPlugin.java:115)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.conditions.IsUPDIRunnin gFromRightDirectory.isTheParentProductSupported(Is UPDIRunningFromRightDirectory.java:137)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.conditions.IsUPDIRunnin gFromRightDirectory.evaluateTrueCondition(IsUPDIRu nningFromRightDirectory.java:105)
    at com.installshield.wizard.WizardBeanCondition.isMet (WizardBeanCondition.java:149)
    at com.installshield.util.ConditionSet.evaluteANDExpr ession(ConditionSet.java:98)
    at com.installshield.util.ConditionSet.isMet(Conditio nSet.java:88)
    at com.installshield.wizard.WizardBean.conditionsMet( WizardBean.java:312)
    at com.installshield.wizard.ConditionalWizardTreeIter ator.accept(ConditionalWizardTreeIterator.java:45)
    at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardTreeIterato r.accept(StandardWizardTreeIterator.java:174)
    at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardTreeIterato r.getNext(StandardWizardTreeIterator.java:86)
    at com.installshield.wizard.ConditionalWizardTreeIter ator.getNext(ConditionalWizardTreeIterator.java:40 )
    at com.installshield.wizard.MultiWizardTreeIterator.g etNext(MultiWizardTreeIterator.java:68)
    at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$RunThread.run(Wiza rd.java:1576)

  2. Re: Deploying refresh pack to Deployment Manager on WASND 6.0

    john.butorac@regions.com wrote:
    > When I try to deploy 6.0-WS-WAS-LinuxX32-RP0000002.tar to the deployment manager, I get an error message that basically states the product is not valid. Any ideas?
    >
    > Details:
    > IBM Update Installer for WebSphere Software is being run from an incorrect path.
    >
    > It mist be run from the /updateinstaller directory, where is the installation location of the product to be updated.

    Well, it first states that your are running it from an incorrect
    directory. In which directory is ND installed and from which directory
    are you running UpdateInstaller?

+ Reply to Thread