Listener creation err - Websphere

This is a discussion on Listener creation err - Websphere ; I'm trying to create a listener port in the Admin Console - WAS v6. The connection factory JNDI name and Destination JNDI name already exists, but when I click "Apply" or "ok", I receive the message below. I was getting ...

  1. Listener creation err

    I'm trying to create a listener port in the Admin Console - WAS v6.
    The connection factory JNDI name and Destination JNDI name already exists, but when I click "Apply" or "ok", I receive the message below.

    I was getting the same err in WAS v6.1, but it was solved when after create the conn factory and destination JNDI I stopped the server and restarted again... but now this is not working.

    Do you have any idea of what can be causing it?

    Thanks in advance...

    Err message:

    Error 500

    An error occurred while processing request: /ibm/console/listenerPortDetail.do

    Message: com.ibm.ws.console.core.validate.ConsoleValidator tried to access method org/apache/commons/validator/Validator.validateField(Lorg/apache/commons/validator/Field;Lorg/apache/commons/validator/ValidatorResultsV

    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: com.ibm.ws.console.core.validate.ConsoleValidator tried to access method org/apache/commons/validator/Validator.validateField(Lorg/apache/commons/validator/Field;Lorg/apache/commons/validator/ValidatorResultsV
    at com.ibm.ws.console.core.validate.ConsoleValidator. filterAndValidateFields(ConsoleValidator.java:167)
    at com.ibm.ws.console.core.validate.ConsoleValidator. validate(ConsoleValidator.java:114)
    at com.ibm.ws.console.core.validate.ConsoleValidatorF orm.validate(ConsoleValidatorForm.java:68)
    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processV alidate(RequestProcessor.java:942)
    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process( RequestProcessor.java:255)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(Act ionServlet.java:1482)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(Acti onServlet.java:525)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:763)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:856)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java:1212)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.han dleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:629)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleReques t(WebApp.java:2837)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequ est(WebGroup.java:220)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.VirtualHost.handleRequest( VirtualHost.java:204)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest (WebContainer.java:1681)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.read y(WCChannelLink.java:77)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:421)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:367)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCa llback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:94)
    at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.reque stComplete(WorkQueueManager.java:548)
    at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.attem ptIO(WorkQueueManager.java:601)
    at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.worke rRun(WorkQueueManager.java:934)
    at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Worke r.run(WorkQueueManager.java:1021)
    at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava:1332)

  2. Re: Listener creation err

    As a guess, your server environment includes your own copy of commons-validator.jar in WAS_HOME/lib/ or WAS_HOME/lib/ext/. Consequently, the version of org.apache.commons.validator.Validator that isclite needs (which has a public validateField method) that is normally loaded from WAS_HOME/systemApps/isclite.ear/commons-validator.jar is being ignored and loaded from your own jar instead. If you're not sure where the class is coming from, you might consider enabling JVM verbose class loading, and then looking in the native_std* files.

+ Reply to Thread