Re: Linking to a Portal page via an image? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Linking to a Portal page via an image? - Websphere ; you are passing both null for portletname and params in? IBM Certified System Administrator -- WebSphere Portal V6.0, V5.1, V5.0 IBM Certified Solution Developer -- WebSphere Portal V5.1, v6.0 The postings on this site are my own and do not ...

  1. Re: Linking to a Portal page via an image?

    you are passing both null for portletname and params in?

  2. Re: Linking to a Portal page via an image?

    Yes. I now have:

    {code}
    PortletURLHelper.generateURL("hrapplications", null, null, request, response);
    {code}

    Still getting the same error though.

    I also tried it with Portal Home and still get the same error:

    {code}
    PortletURLHelper.generateURL("ibm.portal.Home", null, null, request, response);
    {code}

    Thanks for helping with this.

  3. Re: Linking to a Portal page via an image?

    Hi Jim, I found a solution, but I'm not quite sure why it works as opposed to the other method. In the portlet view JSP I added:

    {code}

    a href=" HR Applications
    {code}

    The only difference I can see is that the renderRequest and renderResponse in the JSP are HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse as opposed to the portlet.RenderRequest and portlet.RenderResponse in the doView().

    I am also passing in 'true' for the save state parameter. I tried adding that to the doView() call, but still get the same error.

    Any ideas as to why this works? Preferably, I'd like to have it working from the doView() method.

    Thanks!

  4. Re: Linking to a Portal page via an image?

    please provide the full stack trace

  5. Re: Linking to a Portal page via an image?

    Jim,

    It is attached. A couple of other minor things. In the doView() call if I add 'true' as a parameter for saveState, I no longer receive an error:

    {code}
    PortletURLHelper.generateURL("hrapplications", null, null, true, request, response);
    {code}

    However, the link still does not work and the page refreshes when it is clicked. The link from the JSP does, however, work and it has exactly the same parameters.

    {code}

    {code}

    Thanks.

  6. Re: Linking to a Portal page via an image?

    so once you generate the url, what are you doing with the string it produces in doview?