Finding users with PumaLocator only works from an authenticatedcontext - Websphere

This is a discussion on Finding users with PumaLocator only works from an authenticatedcontext - Websphere ; Hi. I have a portlet that needs to lookup a predefined user using the *PumaLocator.findUsersByAttribute* method. That portlet is accessible to either authenticated and unauthenticated users. {code} PumaHome pumaHome = // lookup PumaHome PumaLocator pumaLocator = pumaHome.getLocator(portletRequest); List list = ...

  1. Finding users with PumaLocator only works from an authenticatedcontext

    Hi.

    I have a portlet that needs to lookup a predefined user using the *PumaLocator.findUsersByAttribute* method. That portlet is accessible to either authenticated and unauthenticated users.

    {code}
    PumaHome pumaHome = // lookup PumaHome
    PumaLocator pumaLocator = pumaHome.getLocator(portletRequest);
    List list = pumaLocator.findUsersByAttribute("uid", "defaultUser");
    {code}

    When I access as an authenticated user the portlet correctly finds the user, conversely when i access anonymously the portlet doesn't find the user (PumaLocator.findUsersByAttribute return an empty List).

    Does this mean that PumaLocator only works for portlets within an authenticated context?. Does exist an alternative way to achieve what i pretend to?

    Best Regards

  2. Re: Finding users with PumaLocator only works from an authenticatedcontext

    Users. Click on key symbole to assign access.

    Now Edit role and add "anonymous portal user" to the User and Administrator Groups.

    This will give User repository access permission to the anonymous user and will solve your problem.

    Thanks,
    Arvind

+ Reply to Thread