Steps required to set up Custom repository in Websphere portal 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Steps required to set up Custom repository in Websphere portal 6.1 - Websphere ; HI, I have installed websphere portal server 6.1 I have implemented Custom user registry (implemented interface com.ibm.websphere.security.UserRegistry) and custom user repository (implemented com.ibm.wsspi.wim.Repository ) I have integrated Custom user registry with Websphere Application server 6.1. This integration works fine. Now ...

  1. Steps required to set up Custom repository in Websphere portal 6.1

    HI,

    I have installed websphere portal server 6.1
    I have implemented Custom user registry (implemented interface com.ibm.websphere.security.UserRegistry) and custom user repository (implemented com.ibm.wsspi.wim.Repository )

    I have integrated Custom user registry with Websphere Application server 6.1.
    This integration works fine.

    Now I would like to know steps required to integrate the Custom User repository with websphere portal 6.1. This integration should also use the Custom user registry.

    Please help me with this.

  2. Re: Steps required to set up Custom repository in Websphere portal6.1

    This is what you are looking for
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...ory/index.html

    -FF

  3. Re: Steps required to set up Custom repository in Websphere portal6.1

    Thanks fang for the details.
    Basically I am referring to same link which you sent (i.e white paper published by IBM).
    For Websphere 6.0 I have existing implementation of user registry and member repository.
    I want to support custom repository for websphere portal 6.1
    As the member repository interface no longer exists in 6.1; we have to implement the new interface (com.ibm.wsspi.wim.Repository).

    With the help of white paper I have implemented VMM interface.

    Now I want to use the custom repository with portal.
    The steps mentioned in the white paper for setting up custom repository seems to be insufficient.

    Can you please provide some more inputs for the same.

  4. Re: Steps required to set up Custom repository in Websphere portal6.1

    It's probably a good idea to open a PMR to investigate this further. It's not clear to me where you had trouble configuring the CUR.

    -FF

  5. Re: Steps required to set up Custom repository in Websphere portal6.1

    Can you just let me know the steps mentioned in white paper for configuring CUR are sufficient or something more needs to be done?

  6. Re: Steps required to set up Custom repository in Websphere portal6.1

    I haven't tested the scenario myself. So I can't be sure at this time. What do you see when you ran the configengine task? Was it successful? If you need urgent help, open a PMR.

    -FF

  7. Re: Steps required to set up Custom repository in Websphere portal 6.1

    Hi,
    I have implemented Custom user registory in websphere but facing some issues. I can see the users which I have created in portal but not able to login with that. Also same users are visible in Application server as well but there its Userid is showing as null. Can anybody please help.

+ Reply to Thread