Export-Import Complete Configuration (urgent) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Export-Import Complete Configuration (urgent) - Websphere ; I have to export complete configuration from a Portal 6.0.1.3 machine (on AIX using ldap and DB2) to a maachine of Portal 6.0.1.5 (on windows using default cloudscape for authentication and configuration databse). Can i do this or ldap and ...

  1. Export-Import Complete Configuration (urgent)

    I have to export complete configuration from a Portal 6.0.1.3 machine (on AIX using ldap and DB2) to a maachine of Portal 6.0.1.5 (on windows using default cloudscape for authentication and configuration databse). Can i do this or ldap and db2 for target portal is necessary.
    If ldap and db2 is necessary then it is necessary that database name and ldap server name should have same name.

  2. Re: Export-Import Complete Configuration (urgent)

    Database type is not an issue.

    There are two problems in your configuration:
    1. The security configuration difference can cause import failure because of the access control settings.
    2. Since the two system might have been installed independent of each other, the object IDs are likely not the same.

    Using "empty-portal" config task on the target system, you may be able to solve the second problem. Be careful. It's strongly recommended to back up your systems, but source and target.

    To resolve the first issue, you may have to configure both systems to the same LDAP, or you can modify the export XML file to change all access control to match the users and groups of the target system. Then the import would not cause conflicts.

    It sounds like a lot of work. Maybe it's better to open a PMR if you don't feel comfortable of doing it on your own.

    -FF

  3. Re: Export-Import Complete Configuration (urgent)

    Your answer is appreciable. Actually i m already using empty Portal so there is only one issue. So if i setup all user and groups on target system exaclty like the source i thinks it would not be failure. You please help me in export all user and groups. kindly provide ,if possible, the xml file for that.

    Thanks

  4. Re: Export-Import Complete Configuration (urgent)

    You can use exportallusers.xml in PortalServer/doc/xml-samples to get all users and groups from the source.

    -FF

  5. Re: Export-Import Complete Configuration (urgent)

    Thanks Dear,

    Now only one confusion remains that my source machine is on LDAP and target machine is using default repository for user and groups. after exporting all users and groups from source machine when i will import in target machine would there be any issue because source and taret registries are different ?

    If import requires LDAP on target machine the what would be the issue it target LDAP has different name e.g

    source LDAP=dev.abc.com and target=test.xyz.com (see domain is also different)

    again thanks a lot for such quick replies.

    arif

  6. Re: Export-Import Complete Configuration (urgent)

    Thanks Dear,

    Now only one confusion remains that my source machine is on LDAP and target machine is using default repository for user and groups. after exporting all users and groups from source machine when i will import in target machine would there be any issue because source and taret registries are different ?

    If import requires LDAP on target machine the what would be the issue it target LDAP has different name e.g

    source LDAP=dev.abc.com and target=test.xyz.com (see domain is also different)

    again thanks a lot for such quick replies.

    arif

  7. Re: Export-Import Complete Configuration (urgent)

    This is the first problem you had and I had recommended you to configure both systems to the same LDAP. If you can't, you have to manually modify the full exportl to match the portal access control settings, such that your target system would match the corresponding users or groups.

    -FF