Page Metadata vs Theme Policy - Websphere

This is a discussion on Page Metadata vs Theme Policy - Websphere ; I wanted to know if there are any performance issues if we set some of the theme attributes as Page Meta data. For example I'm storing the top navigation start level as page meta data. We wanted to add some ...

  1. Page Metadata vs Theme Policy

    I wanted to know if there are any performance issues if we set some of the theme attributes as Page Meta data. For example I'm storing the top navigation start level as page meta data. We wanted to add some custom attributes which are not defined in theme policy. So we have to modify the root theme policy. To avoid that we decided to use Page parameters.
    Are there any performance issues if the paramters are set as part of page properties? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Page Metadata vs Theme Policy

    no real performance issues, just that meta data is not inheritable so you will need to set it on each page

  3. Re: Page Metadata vs Theme Policy

    Thanks for your reply Jim. When I set a page parameter for a label, I'm able to inherit in on all pages that are created below that label.
    Can we have page level parameters based on the user? One of the common requirement that most users have is to Personalize the theme (including the layout) in WPS. Is it actually possible in Portal Server. We are using WPS 6.1. Could you please give some suggestions on this?

    Thanks

  4. Re: Page Metadata vs Theme Policy

    well you SHOULD be able to set them based on the users if you let them create private pages

  5. Re: Page Metadata vs Theme Policy

    Thanks for the quick reply Jim. When I go to Edit Layout portlet of a page, is the displayed layout from the Vertical and Horizontal container JSPs of the default skin? Or is that the standard Layout for any Portal Page. Is it possible to add a portlet to side navigation/header other than using an Iframe. We are WPS 6.1.

  6. Re: Page Metadata vs Theme Policy

    no not possible at this time