WCM - Cannot Create Component File Resource - Websphere

This is a discussion on WCM - Cannot Create Component File Resource - Websphere ; Attempts to create a file resource component in WCM are failing. The failure is random, but approximately 40 % of the time the failure will occur. When failure does occur, I will have filled out all fields to create a ...

  1. WCM - Cannot Create Component File Resource

    Attempts to create a file resource component in WCM are failing.

    The failure is random, but approximately 40 % of the time the failure
    will occur.

    When failure does occur, I will have filled out all fields to create a
    file resource component. I will Save and Close the component and the
    item will not save. It will also clear all content i have entered for
    the component.

    The item will remain as Untitled and further attempts will fail as well.
    We are attempting to use different accounts believing this may be user
    permission related. But this happens randomly with all accounts - even
    wpsadmin.

    We have Portal 6.1.0.1 with WCM CF13. This is in a clustered
    environment running on Windows Server2003.

  2. Re: WCM - Cannot Create Component File Resource

    We have noticed that we have a 10kb limit on file size. Anything over this file size fails.

    We have uncommented the resource.maxUploadSize property in WCMConfigService.properties property to the default value of 16mb but this has not made a difference

  3. Re: WCM - Cannot Create Component File Resource

    Hi,

    We are also facing this issue on WebSphere Portal and WCM 6.1.0.2
    Was there any resoluton to this?

    Thanks,
    Kevin

  4. Re: WCM - Cannot Create Component File Resource

    Hi,

    Ok got this resolved by running ConfigEngine wcm-update on the WCM server.

    Best Regards,
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread