Menu component - content filtering - Websphere

This is a discussion on Menu component - content filtering - Websphere ; Hi All, Here is the question. A websphere portal user belongs to two groups UG1 and UG2. if he is on page-1, he should see the content seen only by UG1 displayed by the Menu component(in the local rendering portlet) ...

  1. Menu component - content filtering

    Hi All,
    Here is the question.
    A websphere portal user belongs to two groups UG1 and UG2.
    if he is on page-1, he should see the content seen only by UG1 displayed by the Menu component(in the local rendering portlet)
    if he is on page-2, he should see the content seen only by UG2 displayed by the Menu Component.

    what is another way of implementing this besides page permissions or portlet permissions?

    In other words, How do I filter the whole content fetched (seen by UG1 and UG2)by the menu so that content seen my UG2 is filtered out for page-1 portlet and vice versa for page-2.
    please let me know.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Menu component - content filtering

    If I'm reading your question correctly, I'm guessing what you might want is personalization with a rule for visibility- hide content for UG1 on page 2 and hide content for UG2 on page 1. You can set this as a component to use within content, or set it as a rule mapping for particular portlets depending on how you want to implement it.

+ Reply to Thread