Personalization using WebSphere 6.0. Develop Form to get data in aPortlet. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Personalization using WebSphere 6.0. Develop Form to get data in aPortlet. - Websphere ; Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any sample code for WebSphere 6.0 to create a Form(.jsp page) with a submit button. Goal is to enter User name and retrieve data for Personalization Portlet. Sample Links will work just fine. ...

  1. Personalization using WebSphere 6.0. Develop Form to get data in aPortlet.

    Hello,

    I was wondering if anyone had any sample code for WebSphere 6.0 to
    create a Form(.jsp page) with a submit button.
    Goal is to enter User name and retrieve data for Personalization Portlet.
    Sample Links will work just fine.

    Thank You!

    Todd

  2. Re: Personalization using WebSphere 6.0. Develop Form to get datain a Portlet.

    if you are using IBM RAD for developmenet and have portal tools installed then just create a JSR 168 portlet project with basic portlet selected.
    it will write the basic code for you and exactly what you are looking for with a form having text box and submit button.
    once you get data in processAction, just store it in portletPreference object to achieve Personalization.

    hope that helps...

    **
    *http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com*

  3. Re: Personalization using WebSphere 6.0. Develop Form to get datain a Portlet.

    Great, Thank You.

    Yeah I actually began taking that route.
    I had found older examples referencing Portal v.5.1.

    Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything since
    the Wizard is slightly different in 6.0.

    Thanks Again.

+ Reply to Thread