WebSphere Portal & Several Active Directory authentication - Websphere

This is a discussion on WebSphere Portal & Several Active Directory authentication - Websphere ; Hi. I need help with configuring WebSphere Portal for multiple LDAP servers. I read this - Link: [this| http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...d=swg21259247] article. My action was 1. Install WebSphere Portal. 2. Execute disable-security task 3. Execute enable-security-wmmur-ldap 4. Add second LDAP to wmm.xml ...

  1. WebSphere Portal & Several Active Directory authentication

    Hi.
    I need help with configuring WebSphere Portal for multiple LDAP servers.
    I read this - Link: [this|http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...d=swg21259247] article.

    My action was
    1. Install WebSphere Portal.
    2. Execute disable-security task
    3. Execute enable-security-wmmur-ldap
    4. Add second LDAP to wmm.xml and wmmur.xml

    My portal start without any error message. All I see is

    [7/3/09 18:15:57:319 MSD] 0000000a CacheServiceI I DYNA1001I: WebSphere Dynamic Cache instance named ws/LDAP1AttributesCache initialized successfully.

    [7/3/09 18:15:57:319 MSD] 0000000a CacheServiceI I DYNA1001I: WebSphere Dynamic Cache instance named ws/LDAP1NamesCache initialized successfully.

    [7/3/09 18:15:57:459 MSD] 0000000a CacheServiceI I DYNA1001I: WebSphere Dynamic Cache instance named ws/LDAP2AttributesCache initialized successfully.

    [7/3/09 18:15:57:459 MSD] 0000000a CacheServiceI I DYNA1001I: WebSphere Dynamic Cache instance named ws/LDAP2NamesCache initialized successfully.

    When I try to login with first ldap user it ok, But user from second ldap can't login to portal. Message is

    [7/3/09 18:20:36:058 MSD] 00000039 LTPAServerObj E SECJ0369E: Authentication failed when using LTPA. The exception is WMM-UR: The user security name "testuser_1" is not found..

    [7/3/09 18:20:36:074 MSD] 00000039 Authenticatio E com.ibm.wps.auth.AuthenticationServlet doLoginWithExceptions WASAuthenticationFailedException occured: com.ibm.wps.services.authentication.exceptions.WAS AuthenticationFailedException: EJPSD0001E: Authentication against WebSphere Application Server failed for user testuser_1.

    Can you sad me where I have to search error, watning messages about second LDAP. How I can find what's wrong with my portal. I attach SystemOut.log, wmm.xml, wmmur.xml

  2. Re: WebSphere Portal & Several Active Directory authentication

    wmm.xml

  3. Re: WebSphere Portal & Several Active Directory authentication

    wmmur.xml

  4. Re: WebSphere Portal & Several Active Directory authentication

    Hi NIzhikov,
    I've checked a working configuration of a Portal with two federated LDAP.
    You have the same name for first and second ldapRepository in wmm.xml: try to change the second one into "wmmLDAP2" or something like similar.
    After this try to set all three nodes of second LDAP like the first one. Set

    for all three nodes.

    I hope this can help.

    R.

  5. Re: WebSphere Portal & Several Active Directory authentication

    "ibm.portal.User and Group Permissions". When I try to find some users or groups from second ldap I can see this error message:

    {code}
    [7/6/09 14:09:45:382 MSD] 00000045 WSMM Message E com.ibm.ws.wmm.ldap.LdapRepositoryImpl Attributes getAttributes(String name, String[] attrIds) The following Naming Exception occured during processing: "javax.naming.PartialResultException: [LDAP: error code 10 - 0000202B: RefErr: DSID-0310063C, data 0, 1 access points
    ref 1: 'region.aprcity.com'
    {code}

    After some google search I find that attribute *java.naming.referral="follow"* is my magic checkbox. I add this attribute to ldap repository confige in wmm.xml like this

    {code}

    {code}

    And get second ldap working.

  6. Re: WebSphere Portal & Several Active Directory authentication

    I resolve this problem by myself.

+ Reply to Thread