user preference values per portlet instance - Websphere

This is a discussion on user preference values per portlet instance - Websphere ; Hi, I have a mylinks portlet which I placed on 2 portal pages. For now, I'm storing the links added in view mode to portlet preferences object. Now I want to add the same portlet in another protlet page and ...

  1. user preference values per portlet instance

    Hi,

    I have a mylinks portlet which I placed on 2 portal pages. For now,
    I'm storing the links added in view mode to portlet preferences
    object. Now I want to add the same portlet in another protlet page and
    should see the same links added in either of the pages.

    What's the possbile good solution for this.?I'm using WPS 6.0

    Thanks,
    Jags

  2. Re: user preference values per portlet instance

    On Jul 1, 10:34*pm, Jags wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a mylinks portlet which I placed on 2 portal pages. For now,
    > I'm storing the links added in view mode to portlet preferences
    > object. Now I want to add the same portlet in another protlet page and
    > should see the same links added in either of the pages.
    >
    > What's the possbile good solution for this.?I'm using WPS 6.0
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jags

    Hi Jags,

    If you want certain preferences to be available to all the portlet
    instances on all the pages for all portal users, use configure mode
    and inside configure mode store you preferences.
    only application admin should have rights to Config mode of portlet.

    if there are some links that should be visible to all the users by
    default, use edit_defaults mode of portlet.
    links set in this mode will be available to all the users for that
    portlet instance.
    again, app admin or sub-admin should have access to edit_defaults mode
    of portlet.

    Normal user will have access to personalize mode of portlet and when
    he/she sets any links, that would be personalized to him/her only.

    hope that helps..

    http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread