Custom Theme Policy isn't always applied - Websphere

This is a discussion on Custom Theme Policy isn't always applied - Websphere ; Currently working in the dev b2c portal running on AIX. I have a custom theme policy, policy-myinformation, that isn't always applied. Steps to recreate: Log in as a customer. When I view the page, the theme policy is NOT applied. ...

  1. Custom Theme Policy isn't always applied

    Currently working in the dev b2c portal running on AIX. I have a custom theme policy, policy-myinformation, that isn't always applied.

    Steps to recreate:

    Log in as a customer. When I view the page, the theme policy is NOT applied.

    Log out as a customer.

    Log in directly to the portal, bypassing webseal/app firewall, as a secured admin.

    When I view the My Information page, the theme policy IS applied. Everything looks perfect. Log out.

    Log back in as a customer again. Theme policy is applied. If no one hits this page for awhile, the theme policy just dissapears, whooosh! I was able to reproduce this with another test id as well.

    Pretty sure this is the exception. Some basic googling didn’t find much – just a recommendation to make sure a couple services have started. In our case they should be started or no one would ever see a theme policy being applied.

    [6/29/09 11:42:57:012 CDT] 00000109 PolicyService E com.ibm.wps.policy.services.PolicyService getPolicy Exception calling storage api: java.lang.NullPointerException

    Thoughts?

  2. Re: Custom Theme Policy isn't always applied

    Theme Policy Issue resolution:

    The root cause of the issue with theme policies was an inconsistency between Puma and RDN (relative distinguished name) config. Appears that for customers, because their RDN was cn= and Puma was expecting uid=, they were unable to authenticate to JCR to retrieve the them policy values. Once a user identified by uid accessed the page, it was loaded successfully and cached for a while (~30 min). Once the cache expired, they were broken again.

    Fix was to update the PumaService.properties per the technote below and run the update-properties config task.

  3. Re: Custom Theme Policy isn't always applied

    "http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21385627"

+ Reply to Thread