JSR 286 + JSF portlet bridge + events - Websphere

This is a discussion on JSR 286 + JSF portlet bridge + events - Websphere ; Hi all, I have a portlet project containing two JSF portlets. Through an action in the backing bean on portlet 1, I fire an event. On portlet 2, I have an annotated method (@ProcessEvent) and the wire is configured. The ...

  1. JSR 286 + JSF portlet bridge + events

    Hi all,

    I have a portlet project containing two JSF portlets. Through an action in the backing bean on portlet 1, I fire an event. On portlet 2, I have an annotated method (@ProcessEvent) and the wire is configured. The annotated method gets called due to the event, so till there, it's all fine.
    My problem now is that the properties in the JSF session bean, which is being populated in the first action, is not displayed in the second portlet. I have checked the doView and doRender methods, and they both can access my JSF session bean from within the FacesContext. So clearly, my second portlet has access to the JSF beans.
    In doView and doRender, I get the expected output:
    {code}
    MyBean mybean = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getApplication() .createValueBinding("#{myBean}").getValue(FacesContext.getCurrentInstance());
    System.out.println(mybean.getProperty());
    {code}

    In my JSF page though, all my fields remain empty:
    {code}

    {code}

    Any ideas about why the JSF page doesn't show the new values in my bean, while the portlet code can?

    I started the project in RAD 7.5.0, and today, I upgraded to RAD 7.5.2 because there are some JSF-portletbridge fixes. So I replaced the jsf-portletbridge.jar and the jsf-ibm.jar in my WEB-INF with the latest version.

    Regards,
    Mario

  2. Re: JSR 286 + JSF portlet bridge + events

    Ok, I discovered that each portlet on the page works with its own copy of the facescontext. Only application-scoped JSF beans are being shared.

+ Reply to Thread