=?UTF-8?Q?=C2=A8Portlet_Struts_Bridge_not_working_in_Web SpherePortal_6.1?= - Websphere

This is a discussion on =?UTF-8?Q?=C2=A8Portlet_Struts_Bridge_not_working_in_Web SpherePortal_6.1?= - Websphere ; Hello. I'm trying to make an existing struts app work as a portlet in WebSphere Portal 6.1 using the Apache's Struts Bridge and the IBM's ServletContextProvider implementation ( *com.ibm.wsspi.portletcontainer.struts.bridge.Serv letContextProviderImpl* ), however, I can't get the Action's execute method being ...

  1. =?UTF-8?Q?=C2=A8Portlet_Struts_Bridge_not_working_in_Web SpherePortal_6.1?=

    Hello.

    I'm trying to make an existing struts app work as a portlet in WebSphere Portal 6.1 using the Apache's Struts Bridge and the IBM's ServletContextProvider implementation ( *com.ibm.wsspi.portletcontainer.struts.bridge.Serv letContextProviderImpl* ), however, I can't get the Action's execute method being called.

    The app is a simple RockPaperScissors, it has a text field asking the user for her/his choice and then figures out wheater the user won, lose or got tied, as well as a submit button of course. Unfortunately when I click the submit button the Action's execute method is not reached, it seems as if wasn't rendering a correct action url, and I always get the initial JSP instead of the corresponding JSP to render the result of the game.

    This is the main config of the app.

    *The portlet.xml:*
    {code}

    org.apache.portals.bridges.struts.StrutsPortlet

    ServletContextProvider
    com.ibm.wsspi.portletcontainer.struts.bridge.Servl etContextProviderImpl

    ViewPage
    /index.do

    -1

    text/html
    VIEW

    {code}

    *The web.xml:*
    {code}

    action
    org.apache.portals.bridges.struts.PortletServlet

    config
    /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml

    action
    *.do

    {code}

    *struts-portlet-config:*

    {code}

    {code}

    *struts-config:*

    {code}

    {code}

    *index.jsp:*
    {code}

    Rock, paper or scissors?

    {code}

    Thanks in advance, any reply will be worthwhile.

  2. =?UTF-8?Q?Re:_=C2=A8Portlet_Struts_Bridge_not?==?UTF-8?Q?_working_in_WebSpherePortal_6.1?=

    I don't know if that is the good approach to trasnform a struts web-app to portlet. Try using the apporach that is suggested in the infocenter: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...wpsstruts.html

  3. =?UTF-8?Q?Re:_=C2=A8Portlet_Struts_Bridge_not?==?UTF-8?Q?_working_in_WebSpherePortal_6.1?=

    I don't know if that is the good approach to trasnform a struts web-app to portlet. Try using the apporach that is suggested in the infocenter: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...wpsstruts.html

  4. =?UTF-8?Q?Re:_=C2=A8Portlet_Struts_Bridge_not?==?UTF-8?Q?_working_in_WebSpherePortal_6.1?=

    Thanks for the reply.

    I've already tried that approach (using the IBM Struts Portlet Framework) but it didn't work either :-(. Even if I create a new Struts portlet with Rational Application Developer the result is the same, my Action's execute method is never reached and the dispatch to JSP never happens, I'm always getting the response from index.jsp.

    Regards.

  5. =?UTF-8?Q?Re:_=C2=A8Portlet_Struts_Bridge_not?==?UTF-8?Q?_working_in_WebSpherePortal_6.1?=

    There was a problem with IBM Struts Portlet Framework's struts' jar versions that avoided the correct behavior of the app. I'm using RAD 7.5 and WebSphere Portal 6.1; the jars packaged with RAD 7.5 aren't the correct ones, I had to use the ones packaged with WebSpher Portal 6.1's SPFStandardBlank.war sample app (see [http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/fo...readID=229753]).

    Well, this works out the problem with IBM Struts Portlet Framework, so I have a working alternative to migrate the existing app to portlets, however the Apache's Struts Bridge is still not working.

  6. =?UTF-8?Q?Re:_=C2=A8Portlet_Struts_Bridge_not?==?UTF-8?Q?_working_in_WebSpherePortal_6.1?=

    Could you please upload you application that is using the Struts Bridge?

    Ryan

    SCJP & SCWCD