get session variabl from theme - Websphere

This is a discussion on get session variabl from theme - Websphere ; Hi, I am setting a session variable using APPLICATION_SCOPE, and have been trying to get its value from a filter but I am always getting it null. Is there a way to make this work? Thanks...

  1. get session variabl from theme

    Hi,
    I am setting a session variable using APPLICATION_SCOPE, and have been trying to get its value from a filter but I am always getting it null.

    Is there a way to make this work?

    Thanks

  2. Re: get session variabl from theme

    I'm not sure if you can do that take a look a this thread.

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/fo...hreadID=229767

    Have you tried setting a cookie instead. Not sure if portlets can setup cookies,
    but you can look it up.

    Good luck,

  3. Re: get session variable from theme

    Hello,

    I was looking into that same article: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...02_hepper.html
    But this article is from version 5.1, and I am working on version 6.1

    I was wondering if that would still work, or if there is something already implemented with version 6.1 that contains the same type of functionality.

    I was looking at the info center and did not find any service which lets communication between jsr 168 and ibm portlets.

+ Reply to Thread