How to remove Drag and Drop support from a wps 6.1.0.1 theme? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to remove Drag and Drop support from a wps 6.1.0.1 theme? - Websphere ; I am currently building a theme for the wps 6.1.0.1 portal. In the theme I want the portlets to have full "access" to the ENTIRE content area controlled by the tag. As can be seen from the attached screenshot the ...

  1. How to remove Drag and Drop support from a wps 6.1.0.1 theme?

    I am currently building a theme for the wps 6.1.0.1 portal.

    In the theme I want the portlets to have full "access" to the ENTIRE content area controlled by the tag.

    As can be seen from the attached screenshot the DnD-supports adds a 10px wide column in the left side of the main content area and causes reservation of space at the top and at the bottom through the use of   characters.

    I havn't been able to find any switches in theme policies oor otherwise to turn off DnD-support.

    How can I remove the DnD-support (which is not to be allowed anyway on this portal) and acquire full access to the entire main content area?

  2. Re: How to remove Drag and Drop support from a wps 6.1.0.1 theme?

    Forgot to mention, that the portlet shown in the screenshot is defined to use and rendered using the NoSkin skin.

  3. Re: How to remove Drag and Drop support from a wps 6.1.0.1 theme?

    All you can do is create a custom skin which does not include the js code for dnd support (I believe IBM No Skin doesn't support dnd). Even if you do this, the space will still appear.

    You need to make "IBM No Skin" as the default skin for the theme which you are using for the portal page to remove the spaces that are occurring between the portlets.

    Regards,
    Elango

  4. Re: How to remove Drag and Drop support from a wps 6.1.0.1 theme?

    I am already using the "no skin" skin for my portlets and that only suppresses the portlet-related part of the Drag'n'Drop functionality.

    The other part of the Dnd functionality is rendered, I believe, through the portal renderScreen tag and can (apparently) not be suppressed. And it is this part of the DnD code that creates the table and table cells in question.

  5. Re: How to remove Drag and Drop support from a wps 6.1.0.1 theme?

    Can you please check if you are using IBM No Skin as the default skin for your. If not then spaces will still occur even if you apply No Skin for the portlet.

    regards,
    elango

  6. Re: How to remove Drag and Drop support from a wps 6.1.0.1 theme?

    Try removing from your themes.

  7. Re: How to remove Drag and Drop support from a wps 6.1.0.1 theme?

    Try removing from themes.
    Download IEWebdeveloper2 plugin and check. It is similar to firebug

    Thanks,
    Jishnu

  8. Re: How to remove Drag and Drop support from a wps 6.1.0.1 theme?

    Try removing
    {code}{code}
    from themes.
    Download IEWebdeveloper2 plugin and check. It is similar to firebug

    Thanks,
    Jishnu

+ Reply to Thread