Price:$599.99
Image: http:///image.php?id=B0000DJEIL
Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B0000DJEIL

Magellan Customer service is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They offer a free 30 day map update since all of their products ship with out of date maps. This would be a good thing except it is in the fine print of their products and their customer support email address that their website list is the wrong address. I had to get through to their customer service by posting a bad review on their website. By the time they responded my unit was beyond the 30 day limit and they refused to give me the update. This is a bad business practice. Garmin has a 60 day guarantee which is posted directly on their website in plain view.
software is way over priced and doesnt include updates...very hard to link to computer....very poor customer support.....and dont try to find any upgrades or q&a on any product that is last years
This unit is great for all around use; hiking, biking, marine, and auto. Auto function is simple, but effective. It essentially picks a route between 2 waypoints. We load Topo charts too onto the SD Card for hiking, and mountain biking. The unit floats!SD Card: The largest file size the unit can read is 64MB, BUT you can load as many files as you want onto the SD card. You tell the PC Software to upload to the hard drive, then use a card reader. If you go direct to the SD Card while installed on the GPS then you are limited to 1 file. You can use an SD card as large as you want, with as many files as you want (just don't transfer files larger than 64MB).USB/Serial: You can easily buy a USB to Serial cable adapter if your PC does not have a serial port.
Pro: Uses an SD card for fast uploading of detailed maps.Con: Only can upload 60 MB of data onto the SD card. I have a 1GB SD card and it won't add onto the data that was uploaded, it just keeps re-writing over the first uploaded detailed map. Therefore, had to buy 2x64mb SD cards ($16 each) to upload additional detailed maps of europe so that we don't need to take our laptop with us. I guess this is a plus because no other portable GPS comes with the external memory capability. Magellan seriouly needs to upgrade this feature to be able to read off of >1GB SD cards.Pro: Menu features are fairly easy to navigate through.Con: No auto-reroute feature. Have to push 2 different buttons to get the unit to recalculate new route. No voice feed back feature telling you to turn. You do however get a very annoying audible "beep, Beep, BEep...." noise as you approach closer to your next turn.Pro: this value pack came with an ok car stand for the unit. Con: doesn't come with a USB connector to your laptop, just a serial connector. Hard to find newer laptops with a serial port.Comments: if you can wait for the next generation gps units... do! You may be disappointed with what's out in the market in terms of handheld gps units that double up as automobile units.
I just bought the color unit with the entire travel package (Software, cables, SD card, car cradle)and have just begun to play with it, and I am extremely impressed with how the unit functions. Once I learned how to maneuver the unit, and downloaded detailed maps, I get an accurate and concise street by street map and directions. I am planning some longer trips and will use the unit as my primary map guides. I will also use the devise to plot and measure our Cross Country course, which should be more accurate that using the wheel to measure the course. Like the other reviews, the battery life is very disappointing, but if it is plugged into the car power outlet, it will stay lit and will not drain the batteries.
An ideal solution bundle for recreational purposes as well as vehicle navigation. This value pack includes Magellan's Meridian Color GPS and Magellan's new MapSend DirectRoute software. MapSend DirectRoute is a powerful map software package that adds address level routing and guidance to your Magellan handheld. The value pack also includes a 64 MB SD card, vehicle mounting bracket and a 12 volt cigarette adapter and data cable.
The Magellan Meridian Color Traveler kit comes with everything you need for navigating unfamiliar city streets--as well as tracking through your favorite mountain trails. The kit includes the MapSend DirectRoute CD-ROM for street-level map detail, a 64 MB Secure Digital memory card, vehicle mounting bracket, and cigarette lighter power adapter (with PC data cable). It also offers easy-to-read navigation screens, good-sized buttons, and a thumb directional pad on the front, and WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation Service) for three-meter accuracy. Create a route on your PC with MapSend ... ... and navigate the route on the GPS unit. The Meridian Color is versatile GPS device that is perfect for navigating the highway or the trails. View larger. Compared to Magellan's portable Sportrak line, the Meridian is bulkier both in weight (8.5 ounces with batteries compared to the Sportrak's 6.1 ounces) and overall dimensions--6.5 by 2.9 by 1.2 inches (W x H x D)--making it not as pocket-able for use while walking or hiking. The bright color screen measures 2.2 by 1.75 inches and has a decent 160 x 120 pixel resolution. We found it to be nicely readable in the car and in most outside conditions, though it wasn't at its best in direct sunlight. As with cell phones in the car, you will have to be wary with your usage. The Meridian Color can be a bit distracting while you're driving, as you have to read the screen (though there are audible prompts) rather than hear a voice providing exact turning instructions (a feature of the Magellan Roadmate). We've known several new GPS owners who have been frustrated at the need to purchase additional software to make their new device road-ready. The inclusion of the MapSend DirectRoute CD-ROM (compatible with Windows only) makes this kit invaluable, and we hit the ground running (well, driving really) within an hour of opening the box. With a selected map region loaded into the memory, simply press the GoTo button and select either a new or previously loaded waypoint or a point of interest (such as an airport or sports arena) to navigate to via a street route. After a bit of calculating, the Meridian Color presented us with a turn-by-turn journey that we could follow while driving. As we neared each turn, the Meridian Color emitted a set of beeps to warn us (which elevated to an urgent beeping when we were right on top of the turn). We used this to plot a course to Seattle's Space Needle, and it produced acceptable results (though, if you're familiar with the terrain, you may know better shortcuts). If you turn off the Meridian while following a route (say if you take a coffee break), you can return right back to it once you turn the device back on. Magellan's Meridian series offers Secure Digital (SD) memory card expandability, which is a bonus for adding a large amount of map data (especially for long trips). However, we were disappointed at its placement within the device behind the batteries rather than in an external slot. This won't be a problem for most users, but it will be annoying if you've got a number of maps spread across several cards. We experienced good battery life during our test (Magellan boasts 13 hours of continuous use with two AA batteries), and the cigarette lighter adapter was instrumental in preventing battery drain. The included vehicle mounting bracket connects to your dash via three suction pads, which isn't completely secure--you'll need to ensure the dash surface is completely clean before applying the wetted suction pads. The bracket's bendable arm is very firm, and it can move both vertically and side to side (a plus if you can't to position it near the center of the dash). However, because it's so tightly stable, you'll need to take it off the dash to adjust it, then reapply the suction pads. Overall, we were pleased with this car navigation kit. The Meridian's color screen definitely helps with quickly viewing details while driving (or while hiking or mountain biking), though it did take awhile to get used to looking at the screen when alerted to a turn. If you do worry about the hazard of having to divert attention from the road, you should think about moving up to the Magellan Roadmate, which offers voice instructions. --Agen G.N. Schmitz Pros: The kit has everything you need to get maps easily loaded into the GPS receiver Color LCD is very readable--routes and icons pop off the screen Mounting bracket has a strong, firm arm that bends both vertically and horizontally Mapping software is easy to use and transfer Cons: SD memory card slot not easily accessible Mounting bracket suction pads aren't 100% secure and are not quickly adjustable What's in the Box Meridian Color GPS receiver, MapSend DirectRoute software, 64 MB Secure Digital (SD) memory card, PC data cable with cigarette lighter adapter, 2 AA batteries, vehicle mounting bracket, and user's manual.
The Magellan Meridian Color Traveler kit comes with everything you need for navigating unfamiliar city streets--as well as tracking through your favorite mountain trails. The kit includes the MapSend DirectRoute CD-ROM (for street-level map detail), a 64 MB Secure Digital memory card, vehicle mounting bracket, and cigarette lighter power adapter (with PC data cable). It also offers easy-to-read navigation screens, good-sized buttons and a thumb directional pad on the front, and WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation Service) for 3-meter accuracy. Compared to Magellan's portable Sportrak line, the Meridian is bulkier both in weight (8.5 ounces with batteries compared to the Sportrak's 6.1 ounces) and overall dimensions--6.5 x 2.9 x 1.2 inches (W x H x D)--making it not quite as pocketable for use while walking or hiking (unless you have cargo pants). The bright color screen measures 2.2 x 1.75 inches and has a decent 160 x 120 pixel resolution. We found it to be nicely readable in the car and in most outside conditions, though it wasn't at its best in direct sunlight. As with cell phones in the car, you will have to be wary with your usage. The Meridian Color can be a bit distracting while you're driving as you have to read the screen (though there are audible prompst) rather than hear a voice providing exact turning instructions (a feature of the Magellan Roadmate). We've known several new GPS owners who have been frustrated at the need to purchase additional software to make their new device road-ready. The inclusion of the MapSend DirectRoute CD-ROM (compatible with Windows only) makes this kit invaluable, and we hit the ground running (well, driving really) within an hour of opening the box. With a selected map region loaded into the memory, simply press the Goto button and select either a new or previously loaded waypoint or a point of interest (such as an airport or sports arena) to navigate to via a street route. After a bit of calculating, we were presented with a turn-by-turn journey that we could follow while driving. As we neared each turn, the Meridian Color emitted a set of beeps to warn us (which elevated to an urgent beeping when we were right on top of the turn). We used this to plot a course to Seattle's Space Needle, and it produced acceptable results (though, if you're familiar with the terrain, you may know better shortcuts). If you turn off the Meridian while following a route (say if you take a coffee break), you can return right back to it once you turn the device back on. Magellan's Meridian series offers Secure Digital (SD) memory card expandability, which is a bonus for adding a large amount of map data (especially for long trips). However, we were disappointed at its placement within the device behind the batteries rather than an external slot. This won't be a problem for most users, but it will be annoying if you've got a number of maps spread across several cards. We experienced good battery life during our test (Magellan boasts 13 hours of continuous use with 2 AA batteries), and the cigarette lighter adapter was instrumental in preventing battery drain. The included vehicle mounting bracket connects to your dash via three suction pads, which isn't completely secure--you'll need to ensure the dash surface is completely clean before applying the wetted suction pads. The bracket's bendable arm is very firm, and it can move both vertically and side-to-side (a plus if you can't to position it near the center of the dash). However, because it's so tightly stable, you'll need to take it off the dash to adjust it, then reapply the suction pads. Overall, we were pleased with this car navigation kit. The Meridian's color screen definitely helps with quickly viewing details while driving (or while hiking or mountain-biking), though it did take awhile to get used to looking at the screen when alerted to a turn. If you do worry about the hazard of having to divert attention from the road, you should think about moving up to the Magellan Roadmate, which offers voice instructions. --Agen G.N. Schmitz Pros: The kit has everything you need to get maps easily loaded into the GPS receiver Color LCD is very readable--routes and icons pop off the screen Mounting bracket has a strong, firm arm that bends both vertically and horizontally Mapping software is easy to use and transfer Cons: SD memory card slot not easily accessible Mounting bracket suction pads aren't 100% secure and not quickly adjustable
Imagine yourself flying into a new city, ready to explore not only the city streets, but also the surrounding mountains, rivers, ocean beaches, and out-of-the-way wonders. The Meridan Color GPS Traveler Value Pack contains all you’ll need to find your way. Included in this cost-saving package is the rugged, waterproof Magellan Meridian Color GPS unit, advanced MapSend DirectRoute software, a 64 MB Secure Digital (SD) memory card, a vehicle mounting bracket, a wrist strap, a PC data cable with cigarette lighter adapter and two AA batteries to get you started. Navigate with ease using the Meridian Color's intuitive controls. The Magellan Meridian Color GPS is the ultimate GPS receiver and the first handheld to present all your positioning and navigational information in full color. It received a five-star review from PC Magazine (Dec 02), and rightfully so. This GPS offers best-in-the-business three meter accuracy. It holds an extensive 16 MB built-in mapping database of North America. You can increase your mapping detail by downloading street-level maps on the included SD memory card. All of this is displayed on the large, high contrast, high color 120 x 160 pixel display. The GPS is made with rubber armored, impact resistant plastic and is sealed to IEC-529 IPX7 specifications (it’s completely waterproof and floats.) With an advanced power management system, the two AA batteries run the system for up to thirteen hours. The MapSend DirectRoute software offers advanced mapping possibilities. After entering your destination, MapSend will automatically calculate shortest time street routing, giving you turn-by-turn directions through either verbal or audio prompts. This software calculates ETAs using various street path choices with their posted speed limits. Select your destinations from thousands of points of interest including hotels, gas stations, parks, lakes, amusement and entertainment venues, restaurants, and more. MapSend also includes information like addresses and phone numbers, making it easy to call ahead for ticket information and reservations. As if these two highlights weren’t enough, Magellan has added a few more items to complete the package. You can download additional highly detailed, street-level maps from your PC using the combination data cable/cigarette lighter adapter. They’ve included a vehicle mounting bracket to conveniently secure the GPS. If you demand GPS accuracy, this system is for you. What's in the Box Meridan Color handheld GPS receiver, MapSend DirectRoute CD-ROM, 64 MB SD memory card, vehicle mounting bracket, PC data cable with cigarette lighter adapter, quick reference guide, two AA batteries, wrist strap, and a user's manual.

ACCESSORIES:

Emerging Power EP-NM2100AA4 Rechargeable NiMH Batteries (AA, 4-Pack):http:///index.php?id=B0000BXEJ9
VARTA BATTERY AA2 VARTA AA Alkaline Batteries - 2 Pack:http:///index.php?id=B00009UHHH
Monster Cable MB AA ALKA-20 High Capacity Alkaline Monster PowerCells:http:///index.php?id=B00006L7XB