Accessing WCM Content Through External Web Server - Websphere

This is a discussion on Accessing WCM Content Through External Web Server - Websphere ; When setting up a static cluster, it says in the InfoCenter, that you need to modify the WCM_HOST and WCM_PORT variables for each cluster member to access WCM content through an external web server. Is this really necessary? I created ...

  1. Accessing WCM Content Through External Web Server

    When setting up a static cluster, it says in the InfoCenter, that you need to modify the WCM_HOST and WCM_PORT variables for each cluster member to access WCM content through an external web server. Is this really necessary?

    I created some content items and added them to a page using the Web Content Viewer portlet. I was able to view them fine through the web server without having to modify these variables.

    Currently, my cluster consists of two nodes, each of which has one cluster member. The web server (IHS) and DM are also installed on the primary node machine. The settings I have for the variables are as follows:

    Primary Node:
    WCM_HOST WAxxxx.mydomain.com
    WCM_PORT 10040

    Secondary Node:
    WCM_HOST MachineB.mydomain.com
    WCM_PORT 10048

  2. Re: Accessing WCM Content Through External Web Server

    The recommendation for the standalone webserver to communicate with a external appserver, in this case portalserver; is to
    Update the value of the WCM_HOST variable with the fully qualified host name of the Web server.
    Update the value of the WCM_PORT variable with the port number used to access the Web server.
    Yours appears correct. However, you mentioned yours works without updating it and I am assuming the the two servers can find each other fine as they may have unique names or on a small domain, or reside on the same server.

    In a cluster, we recommend the same. Please note..Web server note: If you are not using an external Web server in your clustered environment, you might need to manually configure appropriate virtual host entries for the ports in the plugin-cfg.xml file to ensure that the HTTP requests can reach all your application servers. Refer to the infocenter.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...v6r0/index.jsp

+ Reply to Thread