The usage of property extension requires a database beyond the portal database. So while we recommend a new database (which becomes your VMM database) in terms of what we have tested, an existing database that you might have could be leveraged (so still uses the property extension concept but could potentially introduce other concerns, depending on what you have going on with that db you are referring to). Then when filling out the property in wkplc.properties under VMM Property Extension Properties, you would use the values that pertain to your db.

Property Extension reference:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...kaside_db.html

Any attempt to not use property extension for such a measure would not be something that IBM could address via the Support team, but perhaps someone else on the forum might be able to advise. Note that since you say you are using a CUR, then I assume perhaps you've seen the following:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...ory/index.html

-Brett Gordon (WebSphere Portal L2 Support)

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.