Web Application Integrator - Websphere

This is a discussion on Web Application Integrator - Websphere ; I am using webapplication Integrator on wps 6.1 to open a sample webapplication deployed on WAS in portal context. I did all the reqd steps like creating Portal URL, getting the script as output of webapp integrator portlet by passing ...

  1. Web Application Integrator

    I am using webapplication Integrator on wps 6.1 to open a sample webapplication deployed on WAS in portal context.

    I did all the reqd steps like creating Portal URL, getting the script as output of webapp integrator portlet by passing id of the Portal URL. Following is the javascript I added in my webapplication's index.jsp

    script type="text/javascript" src="http://

    But when I try to open the application, its not opening in the Portal context. Following is the error I am getting:-

    webAppIntegrator Theme Template BEGIN
    webAppIntegrator: include initDispatcher
    Inside-out.webAppIntegratorInitDispatcher: get page id
    Inside-out.webAppIntegratorInitDispatcher: got page id: null
    webAppIntegrator: No Page ID specified, exit....

    The webappintegartor template is not able to get the page id. Am I missing any steps here. Please reply incase anyone has encountered this error.

  2. Re: Web Application Integrator

  3. Re: Web Application Integrator

    I am having the same problem. The System.out log is spitting out:

    [18/06/09 18:24:13:683 EST] 00000044 SystemOut O webAppIntegrator: No Page ID specified, exit....

    The tutorial that comes with the Web Application Integrator says that you can deploy a test.html page under wps.war on the same server. I login to Portal and click the link to the test page, but I only get the error above logged and the pristine web page of the html page.

    Any further suggestions Jim?

  4. Re: Web Application Integrator

    I am having the same problem. The System.out log is spitting out:

    [18/06/09 18:24:13:683 EST] 00000044 SystemOut O webAppIntegrator: No Page ID specified, exit....

    The tutorial that comes with the Web Application Integrator says that you can deploy a test.html page under wps.war on the same server. I login to Portal and click the link to the test page, but I only get the error above logged and the pristine web page of the html page.

    Any further suggestions Jim?

  5. Re: Web Application Integrator

    Hi,

    We are using version 6.1.01 and have been through the same pain in the last two week. After all attempts we unintentionally removed the friendly url for the "home" page (label) and it worked. Not sure if this could be of any help.

    Clifford Cheng

  6. Re: Web Application Integrator

    Thanks Clifford! That worked a treat! You're a life saver!

  7. Re: Web Application Integrator

    Thanks Clifford , it worked

  8. Re: Web Application Integrator

    I came across this post and while the issue is resolved I wanted to provide some explanation.
    When the URL comes into portal for the WAI theme template the selected node is the first accessible node for the user.
    If this first node has a friendly URL, portal will perform a redirect using the friendly URL. When the redirect is performed the query string is dropped.
    This results in the pageID parameter not being available to the WAI theme template thus the behavior you were seeing.

    Ryan

    SCJP & SCWCD

  9. Re: Web Application Integrator

    Ryan,

    Does this mean that the friendly URL redirect issue is now fixed? Do I need only to re-download the war from the portal catalog and I can use the WAI in my portal? If so, this is fantastic news and I am delirious with joy!

  10. Re: Web Application Integrator

    There is no "fix" for this issue. WebSphere Portal is working as designed. I posted the explanation above just to provide more details of why you were experiencing that behavior.

    Sorry if I was not clear and I got your hope up for an implementation change in portal.

    Ryan

    SCJP & SCWCD