dojo release schedule - Websphere

This is a discussion on dojo release schedule - Websphere ; Can anyone elaborate on plans for WPS keeping up with the official dojo? WPS is now 2 versions back since dojo 1.3 has been released. There have been several improvements and API changes to dojo in the last couple of ...

  1. dojo release schedule

    Can anyone elaborate on plans for WPS keeping up with the official dojo?

    WPS is now 2 versions back since dojo 1.3 has been released. There have been several improvements and API changes to dojo in the last couple of versions but sadly we can't use them.

    From infocenter:
    "Important: In WebSphere Portal 6.1, the instance of the IBM Dojo Toolkit is based on version 1.1.1 of the Dojo toolkit. However, this bundled version will be updated as needed over time. This could include entire new Dojo versions, as well as specific defect fixes. Compatibility of future Dojo versions is defined by the Dojo project."

    So what is IBM waiting for? 6.1.0.1 didn't get dojo 1.2.

    Seems like we'd be better off if IBM used its own javascript library and we could plug the latest dojo in ourselves.

  2. Re: dojo release schedule

    1.3.1 is out

    Any updates from IBM?

  3. Re: dojo release schedule

    I'm also waiting on Dojo updates for portal...
    What version of Dojo is included in portal 6.1.0.2?
    What's IBM's strategy on Dojo?

  4. Re: dojo release schedule

    1.3.2 is out and we still haven't heard anything from IBM.

    What's the deal?

  5. Re: dojo release schedule

    still nothing?

  6. Re: dojo release schedule

    I have asked IBM Support and they replied that a portal fixpack will become available around November and will contain an upgrade to Dojo 1.3.2. Let's wait and see...

+ Reply to Thread