how to make work a portal 6.1 test environment in RAD 7.5 - Websphere

This is a discussion on how to make work a portal 6.1 test environment in RAD 7.5 - Websphere ; runtime environments) WebSphere Portal v6.0 stub WebSphere Portal v6.1 I added a new server : WebSphere Portal v6.1 server at localhost (server runtime environment : WebSphere Portal v6.1) I created a basic portlet projet and added it to the server, ...

  1. how to make work a portal 6.1 test environment in RAD 7.5

    runtime environments)
    WebSphere Portal v6.0 stub
    WebSphere Portal v6.1

    I added a new server : WebSphere Portal v6.1 server at localhost (server runtime environment : WebSphere Portal v6.1)

    I created a basic portlet projet and added it to the server, then pressed the start button

    RAD is displaying : starting WebSphere Portal v6.1 on localhost...
    and the console displays the logs ...
    after few seconds I can see : "WebSphere_Portal is ready for e-business"
    BUT
    in RAD the message is still "starting WebSphere Portal v6.1 on localhost..."
    and nothing new happens

    I log in : http://myhost:10042/wps/portal
    and I see : there is no content available

    did somebody encounter this problem?
    did I miss somehing ?

  2. Re: how to make work a portal 6.1 test environment in RAD 7.5

    Hi Ben,

    Did you try right-clicking on your portlet project and selecting the "Deploy Portlet..." dialog?

  3. Re: how to make work a portal 6.1 test environment in RAD 7.5

    No I juste tried start and publish.
    unfortunately I cannot try this right now cause I uninstalled my portal.
    I found this thread suggesting to install portal via IBM Installation Manager
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/fo...33741#14233741

    But.....I don't know how !!!

  4. Re: how to make work a portal 6.1 test environment in RAD 7.5

    Do you have a proxy configured in RAD? Then you have to add 'localhost' and your computer name to the proxy exclusion list. Otherwise RAD will wait for ever for a connection to the server.
    Another problem might be, that the RMI / SOAP port settings in the server properties do not match the actual configuration of your server. Please check this, too.

  5. Re: how to make work a portal 6.1 test environment in RAD 7.5

    ok, I uninstalled everything last night.
    I'm gonna re-install RAD using the IBM Installation Manager.
    after the install, I'll check the proxy settings and the ports

    another question :
    I have just finished the Portal 6.1.0.1 installation (I did it manually as I didn't find how to use the installation Manager for it. i think it's not possible)

    at the end it asks if I want to configure the security. I can activate the security with Domino 8 LDAP but in RAD 6 and WPS 5.1.x you could work without the security activated.

    Do I have to activate the security or not ? (and i suppose that I'll have to uncheck the option "security is activated" when adding a new server in RAD)

    ps : are the important files in WPS 6.1.0.1 documented in the Infocenter ? (I have always worked with WPS 5.1.x)

    thanks for your help

  6. Re: how to make work a portal 6.1 test environment in RAD 7.5

    WebSphere_Portal
    click on ports and you'll see

    Port Name Port
    *BOOTSTRAP_ADDRESS 10033*
    SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS 10035
    SAS_SSL_SERVERAUTH_LISTENER_ADDRESS 10034
    CSIV2_SSL_SERVERAUTH_LISTENER_ADDRESS 10027
    CSIV2_SSL_MUTUALAUTH_LISTENER_ADDRESS 10039
    WC_adminhost 10029
    WC_defaulthost 10042
    *DCS_UNICAST_ADDRESS 10031*
    WC_adminhost_secure 10043
    WC_defaulthost_secure 10037
    SIP_DEFAULTHOST 10041
    SIP_DEFAULTHOST_SECURE 10038
    SIB_ENDPOINT_ADDRESS 10028
    SIB_ENDPOINT_SECURE_ADDRESS 10040
    SIB_MQ_ENDPOINT_ADDRESS 10032
    SIB_MQ_ENDPOINT_SECURE_ADDRESS 10030
    ORB_LISTENER_ADDRESS 10036

    thanks again for your help

  7. Re: how to make work a portal 6.1 test environment in RAD 7.5

    oops !

    SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS 10035
    DCS_UNICAST_ADDRESS 10031

+ Reply to Thread