Communicating between different portlet applications - Websphere

This is a discussion on Communicating between different portlet applications - Websphere ; Hi all, I have an issue with interportlet communication. Not in the usual way though. My source portlet belongs to a different application (.war-file) than my target portlet. My source portlet should via a hyperlink trigger the target portlet on ...

  1. Communicating between different portlet applications

    Hi all,

    I have an issue with interportlet communication. Not in the usual way though. My source portlet belongs to a different application (.war-file) than my target portlet.
    My source portlet should via a hyperlink trigger the target portlet on another portal page and also send it some starup parameters.

    Is there an easy way to accomplish this? I'm happy for any suggestions!

    The portlets are jsr-168 faces portlets running on Webphere portal 6.0.1.

    // Andreas

  2. Re: Communicating between different portlet applications

    Interportlet communication can be happened between the portlets which are in different war files. And even you can send object containing parameters from Source to Target.

    Its the normal approach of Cooperative portlets. We need to use a complex type in WSDL.

  3. Re: Communicating between different portlet applications

    Use a URL navigation with the content & layout nodes. Set the required
    parameters, and u should be able to retrieve them as request
    parameters on the target page.

+ Reply to Thread