[wp6.1] how to set list of limited portlets in private page - Websphere

This is a discussion on [wp6.1] how to set list of limited portlets in private page - Websphere ; hi there, as the title. how can i limit a list of portlets for privilege user private page? thanks if anybody can help me on this?...

  1. [wp6.1] how to set list of limited portlets in private page

    hi there, as the title. how can i limit a list of portlets for privilege user private page?
    thanks if anybody can help me on this?

  2. Re: [wp6.1] how to set list of limited portlets in private page

    After the page is created, through Manage Pages, edit the page properties (paper icon). Choose "Advanced options", check "This page has a list of allowed portlets". Then click the link for "This page has a list of allowed portlets" and add whichever portlets you want to allow on this page. When you try to edit the layout of the page as a privileged user, only the allowed portlets are listed.

  3. Re: [wp6.1] how to set list of limited portlets in private page

    sorry for not make that question clear. the privileged user is allowed to create their own new private page, how can i limit them a list of allowed portlets in the page they newly created. In the private page the privileged user can add in portlets like Login portlest, welcome portlets, which i like to hide for privileged user.

    Thanks.

  4. Re: [wp6.1] how to set list of limited portlets in private page

    Yes, the steps I gave above apply to derived pages only. For private pages created by a privileged user, I do not think you can do what you are trying to do. Refer to the InfoCenter's information on access rights:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...cc_rights.html

    Adding/removing a portlet PO to/from a page P - For private pages: Privileged User@P + User@PO

    so as long as the privileged user has user rights to the portlet, he can add it to his private page.

  5. Re: [wp6.1] how to set list of limited portlets in private page

    ok, i get it, thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread