How to configure/enable a Parent Page for the Dynamic Task Page - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to configure/enable a Parent Page for the Dynamic Task Page - Websphere ; I am trying to enable a Parent Page that will contain the dynamic task pages opened from the Task List portlet. I follow the instructions documented in the Portal v6.1 Info Center, here is the url to the documentation: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce..._taskpage.html ...

  1. How to configure/enable a Parent Page for the Dynamic Task Page

    I am trying to enable a Parent Page that will contain the dynamic task pages opened from the Task List portlet. I follow the instructions documented in the Portal v6.1 Info Center, here is the url to the documentation: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce..._taskpage.html

    The instruction said I should execute the following command (my portal is installed on a linux vmware):

    ConfigEngine.sh action-enable-page-as-extension-node-wp.dynamicui.config -DPageUniqueName=task_page_parent_pageName.

    The "task_page_parent_pageName" is a page that I created in a Virtual Portal. The ConfigEngine command failed with the following error msg:

    [xmlaccess]
    [xmlaccess] com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandException: EJPXA0067E: The following configuration data is needed to create a content-node resource: type. [content-node uniquename=SoccomMyTaskDefParentPage]
    [xmlaccess]
    [xmlaccess]
    [xmlaccess] EJPXB0015E: Server response indicates an error.

    It appeared as if the system could not fine the page "SoccomMyTaskDefParentPage".

    I tried another experiment. I created a Parent Page under the "Main Portal" vs the Virtual Portal. This time the ConfigEngine.sh command was able to complete the execution. It finds the Parent Page that I created under the "Main Portal".

    Is there something special I need to do for a ParentPage created under a Virtual Portal? Is there a special way of identifying the unique name of a page under a Virtual Portal?

  2. Re: How to configure/enable a Parent Page for the Dynamic Task Page

    Your command does not include the -DVirtualPortalContext argument described here:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ualportal.html

    This argument should tell the underlying XMLAccess to look for the page under the virtual portal rather than the base portal.

+ Reply to Thread