Shared settings throughout portal, regardless of page or portlet? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Shared settings throughout portal, regardless of page or portlet? - Websphere ; I understand how to user the Edit and Config modes of porlets to set preferences for an individual portlet or all portlet instances. I am looking for the ability to set a preference for a user that may be used ...

  1. Shared settings throughout portal, regardless of page or portlet?

    I understand how to user the Edit and Config modes of porlets to set preferences for an individual portlet or all portlet instances. I am looking for the ability to set a preference for a user that may be used on any portlet or portlet page. Is there a mechanism provided in WPS 6.0 that would enable a user to enter a specific setting and then access that value from anywhere in WPS?

  2. Re: Shared settings throughout portal, regardless of page orportlet?

    You could add attributes to the user profile. Users could set these in "edit my profile" or administrators could set them in "manage users and groups".

    The attributes could be stored either in LDAP or in a lookaside database. These attributes would be comparable to "preferred language", likely already set by default on your Portal.

    The InfoCenter discusses adapting the attribute configuration here:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce..._atts_aix.html

    and configuring a property extension (lookaside) database, to store attributes in a database rather than in LDAP, here:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...kaside_db.html

+ Reply to Thread