Re: WCM Authoring on Portal 6.1.0.1 not available - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: WCM Authoring on Portal 6.1.0.1 not available - Websphere ; Do you guys happen to know the part number for the content offering link ? also, somehow this is different. previously I just used to download WebSphere Portal 6.1 extend for windows and install it without any issues -- is ...

  1. Re: WCM Authoring on Portal 6.1.0.1 not available

    Do you guys happen to know the part number for the content offering link ? also, somehow this is different. previously I just used to download WebSphere Portal 6.1 extend for windows and install it without any issues -- is this content offering a new concept ?
    Also, will it also include a full blown portal, or will I need portal 6.1 separately to use as a portal for portlets ?

    Appreciate the response ---

  2. Re: WCM Authoring on Portal 6.1.0.1 not available

    I am not sure how to search for it on Passport Advantage site, because I never used it.

    If you check wps.properties under IBM/WebSphere/PortalServer, you should see
    WPFamilyName=content
    if it's a content install.

    -FF

  3. Re: WCM Authoring on Portal 6.1.0.1 not available

    Just checked the wps.properties and it says WPFamilyName=server, which is obviously not right.

    I found the document that describes the installer parts for Portal 6101 and WCM 6101: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21351601

    I will install this version.

  4. Re: WCM Authoring on Portal 6.1.0.1 not available

    Add Remove programs, remove WebSphere. In the dialog box, which prompts you to select WP or WP & WAS, select WP (no need to uninstall WAS)
    Delete Portal DIR
    Delete wp_profile DIR
    No need to clean-up registry.
    Now start the installation using the new images (as above) and select the already installed WAS (i.e no full installation required, you may use the existing WAS)

    Rest is simple, just follow the steps

    Hope it was helpful.

+ Reply to Thread