Credential Vault and LTPA - Websphere

This is a discussion on Credential Vault and LTPA - Websphere ; I am exploring the possibility of launching one portal(P2) from an other portal(P1). However, I should be able to pass the credentials that obtained during signon of P1 to P2 with out having the user to sign on again in ...

  1. Credential Vault and LTPA

    I am exploring the possibility of launching one portal(P2) from an other portal(P1). However, I should be able to pass the credentials that obtained during signon of P1 to P2 with out having the user to sign on again in P2.

    I am at a stage where I understand this might be possible using CredentialVault and/or LTPA

    a) CredentialVault talks a lot about Segments/Slots etc, I dont need any of them as all I want is to propogate the already logged in users' credentials to an other portal. Is this possible?

    b) What are the implications of using/not using LTPA. As I understand LTPA is tied to one domain, so if P2 is in a different domain, what options have I got ?

    Any insight into the above is greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Credential Vault and LTPA

    LTPA is WAS's means of implementing SSO and is probably your best option. As for your questions in b), it depends on what you mean by "domain". P1 and P2 will need to be in the same DNS domain for SSO with LTPA to work. The WAS InfoCenter uses the term "domain" to describe application server cells as well:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...elptakeys.html
    (see #6)

    and LTPA SSO is supported across cells. This technote describes how to test SSO across portals in different cells:

    http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg21368429

    Credential vaults, on the other hand, are generally used by portlets to access back-end systems. They allow all portal users to access data without providing credentials specifically for the back-end server.

+ Reply to Thread