WebSphere Portal java process memory gradually increasing over time - Websphere

This is a discussion on WebSphere Portal java process memory gradually increasing over time - Websphere ; Hi, We have a WCM system that runs on top of WebSphere Portal 6.0.1.3. Its backended with a DB2 9.1 database and uses Type 4 jdbc drivers. The system is a low volume production system. We however notice that over ...

  1. WebSphere Portal java process memory gradually increasing over time

    Hi,

    We have a WCM system that runs on top of WebSphere Portal 6.0.1.3. Its backended with a DB2 9.1 database and uses Type 4 jdbc drivers. The system is a low volume production system. We however notice that over time (2-3 weeks) the java process memory keeps growing till it reaches a very high values and eventually causes the server to stop responding. This is running on a Windows 2003 server (32 bit) with 3 GB of physical memory. When the portal server is started up the OS runs about 1.2-1.3 GB) with the java process taking about 750 MB. And in a few weeks time the OS memory reaches like 2.1-2.2 GB with the java process at like 1.3 GB or so. The JVM heap size has a range of 512 MB-1280MB (min-max). Anyone else notice this problem? We also noticed this problem with an earlier system of Workplace (separate installation couple of years ago). It runs on WebSphere Portal and showed the same symptoms. Let me know if there are any suggestions.

    Thanks,
    Jake.

  2. Re: WebSphere Portal java process memory gradually increasing overtime

    Has the system generated any javacores and heapdumps with OOM? If so can you upload them

  3. Re: WebSphere Portal java process memory gradually increasing overtime

    Hello,
    The generic response is there have been several WP/WCM memory APARs since version 6.0.1.3. Please install:

    * *WebSphere Portal version 6.0.1, fix pack 5 (6.0.1.5)* at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg27014305

    * the latest Cumulative iFix for WCM 6.0.1.5, *PK79697 (CF 11)* at http://www.ibm.com/eserver/support/f...ment&brandid=2

    If you want a more specific analysis, I recommend to create a new PMR.

    Thank you,
    David Yang
    WebSphere Portal support

    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

+ Reply to Thread