urlFindInTheme and Themes deployed in a WAR File - Websphere

This is a discussion on urlFindInTheme and Themes deployed in a WAR File - Websphere ; Hi, we have some problemes with the urlFindInTheme tag when we deploy our theme in a WAR file. This the is not a customized portal 6.1 theme. It is a theme developed originally for portal 5.1. We have migrated the ...

  1. urlFindInTheme and Themes deployed in a WAR File

    Hi,

    we have some problemes with the urlFindInTheme tag when we deploy our theme in a WAR file.
    This the is not a customized portal 6.1 theme. It is a theme developed originally for portal 5.1.
    We have migrated the theme. If we deploy the theme with the wps.ear file the theme will work well.
    But if we deploy it in a WAR file the urlFindInTheme tag will not work.
    Here is a line of code from one of our jsps
    script type="text/javascript" language="Javascript" src='
    This is what you see in the source code of the browser page

    No errors appear in the logs.
    Is there a trick to use this tag in a WAR file?

    Best wishes,

    Marcel.

  2. Re: urlFindInTheme and Themes deployed in a WAR File

    no it should work fine, You can enable tag tracing

    com.ibm.wps.engine.tags.*=all

    Or you could put it to a variable and see what returning. you are pointing to the up to date versions of the tags correct?

    Jim

  3. Re: urlFindInTheme and Themes deployed in a WAR File

    Hi Jim,

    thanks for your answer.
    I think we are using the right tlds because this is a new installation and I copied the tlds from the
    fresh installation into the war file.
    I did the tracing and found this message:
    [2/5/09 9:14:07:002 CET] 0000003c UrlFindInThem 3 com.ibm.wps.engine.tags.UrlFindInThemeTag doStartTag resource not found for 'dynMenu.js' and resource root 'MyTheme'

    I deployed the the WAR File with the context root "/MyTaS"
    In my xmlaccess script the entry for the theme

    [...]

    The theme can be found in the portal and the right jsps for the theme are used. So the theme should be
    known by the portal.
    If I read the docs for the urlFindInTheme I will found this

    Similar to , this tag generates a URL pointing to a file in the WebSphere Application Server directory.

    * Windows: was_profile_root\installedApps\cellname\wps.ear\wp s.war\themes
    * UNIX: was_profile_root/installedApps/cellname/wps.ear/wps.war/themes
    * i5/OS: AppServer_root_usr/installedApps/cellname/wps.ear/wps.war/themes

    The theme is taken from the user's or system settings. The file attribute is required.

    If I understand this passage right the tag will search the theme in the wps.ear file, but it is deployed
    as seperat war file under another context root.
    But in the themes delivered with the portal this tag is used and in the Info Center the desciption for
    a new themes only says to copy a delivered theme.
    So, I'm a little bit confused.

    Any other idea?

    Thanks in advance,

    Marcel.

  4. Re: urlFindInTheme and Themes deployed in a WAR File

    can you send me the war, as well as the xmlaccess you used to deploy and let me know which jsp has the issue?

    My email is in my profile

  5. Re: urlFindInTheme and Themes deployed in a WAR File

    I'm having a pretty much identical problem. Deploying our theme under
    the exploded wps.ear/wps.war works fine, but when we try to deploy it
    as a WAR, things can't be found. We even tried copying one of the out-
    of-the-box themes and packaging it as a WAR and it, too, fails.

    Regards,
    Brian.

    On Feb 5, 3:34*am, m...@nordsys.de wrote:
    > Hi Jim,
    >
    > thanks for your answer.
    > I think we are using the right tlds because this is a new installation and I copied the tlds from the
    > fresh installation into thewarfile.
    > I did the tracing and found this message:
    > [2/5/09 9:14:07:002 CET] 0000003c UrlFindInThem 3 com.ibm.wps.engine.tags..UrlFindInThemeTag doStartTag resource not found for 'dynMenu.js' and resource root 'MyTheme'
    >
    > I deployed the theWARFile with the context root "/MyTaS"
    > In my xmlaccess script the entry for thetheme
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > Thethemecan be found in theportaland the right jsps for thethemeare used.So thethemeshould be
    > known by theportal.
    > If I read the docs for the urlFindInTheme I will found this
    >
    > * * Similar to , this tag generates a URL pointing to a file in theWebSphereApplication Server directory.
    >
    > * * * * * Windows: was_profile_root\installedApps\cellname\wps.ear\wp s.war\themes
    > * * * * * UNIX: was_profile_root/installedApps/cellname/wps.ear/wps.war/themes
    > * * * * * i5/OS: AppServer_root_usr/installedApps/cellname/wps.ear/wps.war/themes
    >
    > * * Thethemeis taken from the user's or system settings. The file attribute is required.
    >
    > If I understand this passage right the tag will search thethemein the wps..ear file, but it is deployed
    > as seperatwarfile under another context root.
    > But in the themes delivered with theportalthis tag is used and in the Info Center the desciption for
    > a new themes only says to copy a deliveredtheme.
    > So, I'm a little bit confused.
    >
    > Any other idea?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Marcel.

  6. Re: urlFindInTheme and Themes deployed in a WAR File

    Hi,
    Try it with the following way..

    script src="

    Correct me if I am wrong..because I am using the above code in my theme and deploying as a WAR file. Its working fine for me.

    Thanks,
    Raj.

  7. Re: urlFindInTheme and Themes deployed in a WAR File

    Hi all, I have the same problem with urlFindInTheme.

    Moreover RajendraT's solution is not working for me.

    Here is the situation:

    I'm having theme TestTheme with same context and resource root, deployed as TestTheme.war application.
    I have wanted to use webAppIntegrator with this theme, but have got next message in console:

    {code}The theme TestTheme does not provide webAppIntegrator support. Use default Portal theme.{code}

    here is the code peice in webAppIntegrator.jsp:

    {code}var findResult=' portal-logic:urlFindInTheme file="webAppIntegrator/Default.jsp" theme=" ';

    %
    System.out.println("The theme " + themeName + " does not provide webAppIntegrator support. Use default Portal theme.");
    {code}

    I have tried to add some debug code in the theme:

    {code}

    integratorThemeTemplatePath:

    integratorThemeTemplatePath2: {code}

    And here is the result:

    {code}integratorThemeTemplatePath: null
    integratorThemeTemplatePath2: /TestTheme/themes/html/TestTheme/webAppIntegrator/Default.jsp{code}

    Moreover, if I'm adding TestTheme/webAppIntegrator/Default.jsp under wps.ear/wps.war/themes/html folder, then after server restart I'm getting:

    {code}integratorThemeTemplatePath: /wps/themes/html/TestTheme/webAppIntegrator/Default.jsp
    integratorThemeTemplatePath2: /TestTheme/themes/html/TestTheme/webAppIntegrator/Default.jsp{code}

    . Does somebody know how to avoid this?

+ Reply to Thread