Feature Pack Compatibility for Portal Server - Websphere

This is a discussion on Feature Pack Compatibility for Portal Server - Websphere ; I have used the WS, EJB3, and Web 2.0 feature packs extensively in a vanilla WAS 6.1 installation, but I was wondering if these feature packs were officially supported on a server running Portal 6.1. For the latter fep, it ...

  1. Feature Pack Compatibility for Portal Server

    I have used the WS, EJB3, and Web 2.0 feature packs extensively in a vanilla WAS 6.1 installation, but I was wondering if these feature packs were officially supported on a server running Portal 6.1. For the latter fep, it seems as though parts are already included in the Web 2.0 user interface features of Portal 6.1, such as the Dojo toolkit, but I'm not sure if these features are inclusive. I'd also like to use JAX-WS and EJB 3.0 client artifacts in my portlets.

    Has anyone had experience installing and working with these feps on Portal? I've seen a couple of posts in this newsgroup with mixed suggestions. The common suggestions tend to involve either installing the feps on WAS and then installing Portal or installing the feps on WAS already running Portal and then augmenting the wp_profile. But are either of these a officially-supported configurations?

  2. Re: Feature Pack Compatibility for Portal Server

    the feature packs are not supported please see here
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg27012957

    jim

  3. Re: Feature Pack Compatibility for Portal Server

    Thank you, Jim. That's exactly what I was looking for.

  4. Re: Feature Pack Compatibility for Portal Server

    Jim,
    We need to use Web Remoting, JSON4J in our portlets. Is there any alternative for using these features as Portal Server 6.1 doesn't support Web 2.0 feature pack?
    Please help me.

+ Reply to Thread