WP6.0 / 6.1 PUMA SPI: Find users by *multiple* attribute search - Websphere

This is a discussion on WP6.0 / 6.1 PUMA SPI: Find users by *multiple* attribute search - Websphere ; Hey there, I've been searching this forum but have only found simliar questions, but no answers. The PumaLocator Interface provides the method public java.util.List findUsersByAttribute(java.lang.String aAttribute, java.lang.String aValue) but with this I can only search for one attribute. How would ...

  1. WP6.0 / 6.1 PUMA SPI: Find users by *multiple* attribute search

    Hey there,

    I've been searching this forum but have only found simliar questions, but no answers.

    The PumaLocator Interface provides the method

    public java.util.List findUsersByAttribute(java.lang.String aAttribute, java.lang.String aValue)

    but with this I can only search for one attribute. How would I "simulate" a real LDAP Search with multiple attributes? I'm using the WMM lookaside repository, so bypassing the WMM using native LDAP lookups is no alternative, since some of the attributes I need are in the LA.

    Is there really no other way than retrieving a resultlist for each attribute and then combining them manually? I haven't tried yet, but imagine the following: 100 results per attribute with three attributes = 100e3 comparisons... ouch! Can't really do that in a portlet...

    Help on this is really appreciated!

    Regards,

    Markus

  2. Re: WP6.0 / 6.1 PUMA SPI: Find users by *multiple* attribute search

    As far as I know, puma spi doesn't support multiple criterias in search.

  3. Re: WP6.0 / 6.1 PUMA SPI: Find users by *multiple* attribute search

    It is currently not possible

  4. Re: WP6.0 / 6.1 PUMA SPI: Find users by *multiple* attribute search

    Hey guys,

    thanks for taking the time and your replies - although I don't like the answer I appreciate the response ;-)

    So I'll think of a way to efficiently sort & compare my result lists. If I succeed, I'll post my code as a "simulated LDAP" to the [WebSphere Portal wiki|http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwi...ment&comments]. I think I might not be the only one facing the same prob... ehm challenge :-)

    Cheers,

    Markus

+ Reply to Thread