Show/Hide Portlets based on event in another portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on Show/Hide Portlets based on event in another portlet - Websphere ; Hi All, I have a search portlet with some drop-downs and a search button. When i perform search, the results should be displayed in 3 portlets as graphs. How do i hide these portlets and show them only when i ...

  1. Show/Hide Portlets based on event in another portlet

    Hi All,

    I have a search portlet with some drop-downs and a search button. When i perform search, the results should be displayed in 3 portlets as graphs. How do i hide these portlets and show them only when i perform the search? I am using WPS 6.1.

    I searched the forum and found two solutions.
    1. To have invisible skin with no content on load. Display content after the search.
    2. Have 2 pages. First page to have search portlet and second page to have all the portlets and use co-operative portlet functionality to achieve the result.

    I want to know if there is any other better way of doing this in WPS 6.1.

    Please help.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Anitha.

  2. Re: Show/Hide Portlets based on event in another portlet

    Create new Rule.

    Colby

  3. Re: Show/Hide Portlets based on event in another portlet

    Edit page.
    2. In that page you will find ur portlets.
    3. Now you will find "Show Portlet Rule Mappings" link. Click on that link.
    4. Now you will find "No Rule Mapping" link under each portlet.
    5. Now for the target portlet (which should be hidden initially and later it
    should be visible based on action) create a new rule.
    6. In that new rule you will find " Show page or portlet when attribute
    is value add Condition Otherwise hide".
    7. Now click on "attribute" link, in that you will find "request"
    attribute.
    8. Now you click on "request", there you will find the action name parameter
    which you specified in wsdl file.
    9. Now your current rule should looks like
    Show page or portlet when
    current Request.ANP is not null
    add Condition
    Otherwise hide
    ("ANP" is the name of your actionNameParameter)

    That's it... your target portlet will be visible when an action performed on
    ur source portlet.

    Regds,
    Anil

  4. Re: Show/Hide Portlets based on event in another portlet

    Hi Colby and Anil,

    Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I will look into the approaches you have described.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Anitha.

  5. Re: Show/Hide Portlets based on event in another portlet

    Hello!First of all, sorry for my English.
    I want to do the same as you explain in this Thread, I have followed your steps. I use co-operative portlets but when I show the "request" attributes for my visibility rule, my action name parameter never appears and if I add the name the rule never works. ┬┐What I'm doing bad?Thanks very much

  6. Re: Show/Hide Portlets based on event in another portlet

    Hi! I have found this fix pack http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg1PK60107
    which fix the problem with request parameters. My portal version is 6.0.1.3 and here says that the fix for this is integrated into version 6.0.1.4 show I think it doesn't work for my portal version. Are you agree?
    Thanks very much.

+ Reply to Thread