[WP 6.1] create-virtual-portal task not setting context url - Websphere

This is a discussion on [WP 6.1] create-virtual-portal task not setting context url - Websphere ; xmlaccess.bat -in vptest.xml -url http://localhost:10040/wps/config/vptest -out result.txt+ I have a problem in step 4, I created the virtual portal with the parameters (in wkplc.properties) : - VirtualPortalTitle=The VP Test - VirtualPortalRealm=MyRealm - VirtualPortalContext=vptest But when I check the creation of ...

  1. [WP 6.1] create-virtual-portal task not setting context url

    xmlaccess.bat -in vptest.xml -url http://localhost:10040/wps/config/vptest -out result.txt+

    I have a problem in step 4, I created the virtual portal with the parameters (in wkplc.properties) :
    - VirtualPortalTitle=The VP Test
    - VirtualPortalRealm=MyRealm
    - VirtualPortalContext=vptest

    But when I check the creation of virtual portal with the task list-all-virtual-portals, I get :
    \[wsadmin\] __________________________________________________ ___
    \[wsadmin\] VirtualPortal:
    \[wsadmin\] Title: The VP Test
    \[wsadmin\] Description:
    \[wsadmin\] Realm: MyRealm+
    \[wsadmin\] Object ID: 18_CGAH47L00OUI702FKUN7QI28A1
    \[wsadmin\] Context:
    \[wsadmin\] __________________________________________________ ___

    No context... In portal admin GUI, it's the same, virtual portal vptest have an empty context URL.
    If I still step 5 (import on production), the contents of the virtual portal vptest is created at the root context, mixed with the real portal.

    I don't know if I doing something wrong.
    Thanks by advance for any help.

    Fabrice.

  2. Re: [WP 6.1] create-virtual-portal task not setting context url

    I suspect the vp was not created correctly on the prod system. Are you able to access the virtual portal context in browser? Are you able to export from the vp?

    If the context is not there, then the import will not work.

    Try to run "delete-virtual-portal" and run xmlaccess on task.xml. Then recreate the VP again.

    -FF

  3. Re: [WP 6.1] create-virtual-portal task not setting context url

    Hi,

    I've found where was the problem.

    When you execute create-virtual-portal task, if you set VirtualPortalHostName AND VirtualPortalContext parameter in wkplc.properties, VirtualPortalContext value is ignored.

    I don't know why, but if you leave VirtualPortalHostName blank, VP context are set correctly.

    Regards,

    Fabrice.

+ Reply to Thread