Problem on Websphere Portal WSRP(remote portlets for webservice) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Problem on Websphere Portal WSRP(remote portlets for webservice) - Websphere ; Hi, I have done configuring the Cognos remote portlet(WSRP client setup) on websphere portal server(v6.0.0.0) in my workstation. when i run, i am getting the security related error because local portal server doesn't have LDAP server connectivity. When i followed ...

  1. Problem on Websphere Portal WSRP(remote portlets for webservice)

    Hi,

    I have done configuring the Cognos remote portlet(WSRP client setup) on websphere portal server(v6.0.0.0) in my workstation. when i run, i am getting the security related error because local portal server doesn't have LDAP server connectivity. When i followed the same steps on Remote portal server(v6.0.1.3) and ran , i got different error as "Unable to locate document at 'http://mdolap07.fishkill.ibm.com:88/cognos8/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi/wsrp/cps4/portlets/nav?wsdl&b_action=cps.wsdl'". When i tested wsdl URL in browser, i was able to see WSDL document.

    Also,I have configured third party WSRP Producer, when i run this, i was able to see the result of remote portlet . when i configured and tested same on remote portal server, i got same error "Unable to locate document..." I don't understand what is the issue exactly. I think, some firwall issue was exist on remote server that's why server doesn't find wsdl document. could pls help me out ?

    EJPWB2007E: Error occurred while reading WSDL definition from URL: http://mdolap07.fishkill.ibm.com:88/...ction=cps.wsdl : WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Unable to locate document at 'http://mdolap07.fishkill.ibm.com:88/cognos8/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi/wsrp/cps4/portlets/nav?wsdl&b_action=cps.wsdl'..**
    **com.ibm.wps.command.CommandFailedException: EJPWB2007E: Error occurred while reading WSDL definition from URL: http://mdolap07.fishkill.ibm.com:88/...ction=cps.wsdl : WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Unable to locate document at 'http://mdolap07.fishkill.ibm.com:88/cognos8/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi/wsrp/cps4/portlets/nav?wsdl&b_action=cps.wsdl'..WrappedException is: WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Unable to locate document at 'http://mdolap07.fishkill.ibm.com:88/cognos8/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi/wsrp/cps4/portlets/nav?wsdl&b_action=cps.wsdl'.: at com.ibm.wps.command.AbstractCommand.throwCommandFa iledException(AbstractCommand.java:504) at com.ibm.wps.command.wsrp.consumer.CreateProducerCo mmand.determineWsrpUrls(CreateProducerCommand.java :732) at com.ibm.wps.command.wsrp.consumer.CreateProducerCo mmand.internalExecute(CreateProducerCommand.java:4 40) at com.ibm.wps.command.wsrp.AuthorizedCommand.execute (AuthorizedCommand.java:85) at com.ibm.wps.portlets.managewebservices.actions.DoC reateEditProducerAction.createProducer(DoCreateEdi tProducerAction.java:293) at com.ibm.wps.portlets.managewebservices.actions.DoC reateEditProducerAction.saveProducerProperties(DoC reateEditProducerAction.java:191) at com.ibm.wps.portlets.managewebservices.actions.DoC reateEditProducerAction.doExecute(DoCreateEditProd ucerAction.java:161) at com.ibm.wps.portlets.adminstruts.actions.BaseActio n.execute(BaseAction.java:64)

  2. Re: Problem on Websphere Portal WSRP(remote portlets forwebservice)

    is there any other message? Usually this stack trace is quite long

  3. Re: Problem on Websphere Portal WSRP(remote portlets forwebservice)

    HI, I too am facing a similar problem. When I try to connect to a remote portlet outside the LAN(from internet), I get the below error:
    {code}
    com.ibm.wps.command.CommandFailedException: EJPWB2007E: Error occurred while reading WSDL definition from URL: http://wsrp.bea.com:7001/producer/producer?WSDL : WSDLException: faultCode=PARSER_ERROR: Problem parsing '- WSDL Document -'.: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId..WrappedException is: WSDLException: faultCode=PARSER_ERROR: Problem parsing '- WSDL Document -'.: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId. at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(U nknown Source) at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.getDocument(Unknow n Source) at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.wps.wsrp.cmd.WsdlAccess.readWsdl(WsdlAcces s.java:107) at com.ibm.wps.command.wsrp.consumer.CreateProducerCo mmand.determineWsrpUrls(CreateProducerCommand.java :416) at com.ibm.wps.command.wsrp.consumer.CreateProducerCo mmand.internalExecute(CreateProducerCommand.java:3 33)

    WSDLException: faultCode=PARSER_ERROR: Problem parsing '- WSDL Document -'.: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.

    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)

    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(U nknown Source)

    at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.getDocument(Unknow n Source)

    at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

    at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

    at com.ibm.wps.wsrp.cmd.WsdlAccess.readWsdl(WsdlAcces s.java:107)

    at com.ibm.wps.command.wsrp.consumer.CreateProducerCo mmand.determineWsrpUrls(CreateProducerCommand.java :416)

    at com.ibm.wps.command.wsrp.consumer.CreateProducerCo mmand.internalExecute(CreateProducerCommand.java:3 33)

    at com.ibm.wps.command.wsrp.AuthorizedCommand.execute (AuthorizedCommand.java:89)

    at com.ibm.wps.portlets.managewebservices.actions.DoC reateProducerAction.createProducer(DoCreateProduce rAction.java:224)

    at com.ibm.wps.portlets.managewebservices.actions.DoC reateProducerAction.saveProducerProperties(DoCreat eProducerAction.java:152)

    at com.ibm.wps.portlets.managewebservices.actions.DoC reateProducerAction.doExecute(DoCreateProducerActi on.java:106)

    at com.ibm.wps.portlets.adminstruts.actions.BaseActio n.execute(BaseAction.java:64)

    at com.ibm.wps.portlets.struts.WpsRequestProcessor.pr ocessActionPerform(WpsRequestProcessor.java:338)

    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process( RequestProcessor.java:274)

    at com.ibm.wps.portlets.struts.WpsStrutsPortlet.proce ssActionPerformed(WpsStrutsPortlet.java:1965)
    {code}
    This is the URL I tried to use: http://wsrp.bea.com:7001/producer/producer?WSDL. I have done the proxy settings(since I am behind a firewall proxy) in the PortletServiceregistryService.properties file. I hope this is the correct way to configure proxy. Please advise if there is some other way.

    And if I try to access a portlet from another installation of WPS(within my LAN), then I get the below exception:
    {code}
    javax.portlet.PortletException: com.ibm.wps.wsrp.exception.WSRPException: EJPWC1100E: Policy has denied access.
    at com.ibm.wps.wsrp.consumer.std.impl.ProxyPortlet.re nder(ProxyPortlet.java:900)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletFi lterChainImpl.doFilter(PortletFilterChainImpl.java :128)
    at com.ibm.wps.propertybroker.standard.filter.C2APort letFilter.doFilter(C2APortletFilter.java:183)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletFi lterChainImpl.doFilter(PortletFilterChainImpl.java :120)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletSe rvlet.doDispatch(PortletServlet.java:573)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletSe rvletCollaboratorChainImpl.doCollaborator(PortletS ervletCollaboratorChainImpl.java:114)
    at com.ibm.isclite.container.collaborator.PortletServ letCollaborator.doRender(PortletServletCollaborato r.java:68)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletSe rvletCollaboratorChainImpl.doCollaborator(PortletS ervletCollaboratorChainImpl.java:105)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.rrd.RRDServerPortletSe rvletCollaborator.doRender(RRDServerPortletServlet Collaborator.java:123)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletSe rvletCollaboratorChainImpl.doCollaborator(PortletS ervletCollaboratorChainImpl.java:105)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.cache.CacheCollaborato r.doRender(CacheCollaborator.java:92)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletSe rvletCollaboratorChainImpl.doCollaborator(PortletS ervletCollaboratorChainImpl.java:105)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.waspc.core.impl.PortletServletCo llaboratorImpl.doRender(PortletServletCollaborator Impl.java:156)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletSe rvletCollaboratorChainImpl.doCollaborator(PortletS ervletCollaboratorChainImpl.java:105)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletSe rvlet.doDispatch(PortletServlet.java:273)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletSe rvletCollaboratorChainImpl.doCollaborator(PortletS ervletCollaboratorChainImpl
    {code}

    Please advise how to do WSRP on WPS. I am using WPS 6.1.0.1 and the default WAS server installed in WAS 6.1.0.19

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread