Help creating new portal 6.1 theme, as per the portal 6.1 Infocenter - Websphere

This is a discussion on Help creating new portal 6.1 theme, as per the portal 6.1 Infocenter - Websphere ; I am attempting to follow the info center instructions for creating a new theme as per this link: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...dgn_crthm.html Portal is on a Suse Linux box. A couple of things are not clear to me: at step 4, it says ...

  1. Help creating new portal 6.1 theme, as per the portal 6.1 Infocenter

    I am attempting to follow the info center instructions for creating a new theme as per this link:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...dgn_crthm.html
    Portal is on a Suse Linux box.
    A couple of things are not clear to me:

    at step 4, it says to create a WEB-INF directory next to the Themes directory - this suggests that i end up with ".../wps.war/themes/WEB-INF" instead of ".../wps.war/themes/html/*MyTheme*/WEB-INF" which is where i thought the WEB-INF directory should go, as a subdir to MyTheme?
    step 6 says to "Copy the DOJO directory from the wps.war file beneath the Themes directory." That is where the DOJO dir is, so where is it suppposed to be copied to?
    and finally step 9 says "Wrap the new theme as MyTheme.war using a ZIP compression tool." Based on the directory level where it suggests the WEB-INF gets created, i can't tell what directory should be the starting point for the WAR file compression of MyTheme.

    Hopefully someone has done this successfully and can shed some light on it.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Help creating new portal 6.1 theme, as per the portal 6.1 Infocenter

    It think it should be like

    ThemeName
    -META-INF
    -themes
    dojo
    html
    ThemeName
    psw
    -WEB-INF

    Wrap the whole thing as ThemeName.war. I had done this and worked.

    Thanks

  3. Re: Help creating new portal 6.1 theme, as per the portal 6.1 Infocenter

    Sorry, I don't understand what you presented here. I'm not sure what directory structure this represents, especially since "ThemeName" is repeated?

  4. Re: Help creating new portal 6.1 theme, as per the portal 6.1 Infocenter

    I created a folder with name of the theme.Inside it Meta-inf,themes,Web-inf.
    Inside themes folder I copied dojo,html. Inside html folder ThemeName and psw.

  5. Re: Help creating new portal 6.1 theme, as per the portal 6.1 Infocenter

    ManojMakku, I am even more confused now! According to your post you have the following:

    ThemeName
    - Meta-inf
    - Themes
    - Dojo
    - Html
    - ThemeName
    - Psw
    - Web-inf

    It looks like you are placing the same ThemeName folder inside ThemeName? I'm a little bit confused by that.

    Would you (or anybody else) mind clarifying? It is frustrating to see so little (and inaccurate) documentation from IBM about this.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread