Overriding MQ broker userid/pass when connecting to DB2 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Overriding MQ broker userid/pass when connecting to DB2 - Websphere ; Disclaimer - I'm a DB2 DBA and I know nothing about MQ We have an MQ broker that's trying to run procedures in a number of our DB2 databases. The MQ guy is telling me that I have to create ...

  1. Overriding MQ broker userid/pass when connecting to DB2

    Disclaimer - I'm a DB2 DBA and I know nothing about MQ

    We have an MQ broker that's trying to run procedures in a number of
    our DB2 databases. The MQ guy is telling me that I have to create a
    login on each DB2 box that matches, both username & password, the
    username and password that the MQ broker was started with on the MQ
    box.

    While that does work (ie: allows the broker to run the procedure) it
    seemed like we should be able to specify a different username/password
    for each DB2 box that MQ needs to talk to. The MQ guy tried
    specifying the username and password in the ODBC.ini file, but it
    still attempted to log in with the username that started the broker on
    the MQ box.

    Is there some way to have the MQ broker use a different username/
    password for each DB2 instance that it connects to? If that's
    possible, is there some way to securely do it? The password he put in
    the ODBC.ini file is not encrypted.

    Thanks.

    Richard

  2. Re: Overriding MQ broker userid/pass when connecting to DB2

    Nevermind - the MQ guy found a call, mqsisetdbparms, that appears to
    do what we want. I don't know if the call inserts an unencrypted
    password into a text file, or not, but at least it allows us to not
    have to syncronize a username/password across multiple boxes.

+ Reply to Thread