Articles on MQ design - Websphere

This is a discussion on Articles on MQ design - Websphere ; hi, I am new to MQ. Any URL's or articles explaining the steps involved in MQ design, message structure etc. Thanks in advance,...

  1. Articles on MQ design

    hi,
    I am new to MQ. Any URL's or articles explaining the steps involved in MQ design, message structure etc.

    Thanks in advance,

  2. Re: Articles on MQ design

    You can go to following link to get all the IBM documentation on 'How MQ Works'. It is big list of document which you may have to read through to understand about MQ.
    http://www-01.ibm.com/software/integration/wmq/library/

    Then you can read best practises to decide whether you are using the standard design or practise or not.
    (The top 15 WebSphere MQ best practices): http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...724&ca=dnw-929

    Regards
    Rajesh Palled

  3. Re: Articles on MQ design

    ms06 also posted to mqseries.net and had some replies
    http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=253305

  4. Re: Query on MQ implementation

    Hi,
    We are writing an Adapter to process MQ messages. How do we ensure that message generated by the back office system are processed only once...

    We are using MDB MDB to process messages.

  5. Re: Query on MQ implementation

    Use persistent messages in MQ and do all processing in units of work.

    If you are worried the back end may put a message more than once you make need to keep a record of the unique message ids that have been processed or use some other form of 'already processed' flagging. ie. the usual application techniques to deal with possible multiple update scenarios.

    HTH, Glenn.

  6. Re: Query on MQ implementation

    Thanks for the response.

    How do we enlist Mq resources into an existing coordinating XAtransaction?

    Went through the IBM link to understand the basics, but not sure of the approach for my scenario..

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...1_ritchie.html

    We need to make sure when we send a asynchronous message it reaches the destination else rollback the transaction.

    Thanks,

  7. Re: Query on MQ implementation

    Hi,
    Could anyone let me know the steps involved at server level (For regitering MQResource for XA transaction) and also at code level to support XA transaction.
    The request to communicate with MQ would be from EJB.

  8. Re: Query on MQ implementation

    Hi.

    If you are running in WebSphere Application Server then you just need your EJB setup to use a global transaction and your connection factory would need to have the XA enabled flag set. If you are running in a different app server then you would need to be using a global transaction, and see what the documentation for that app server says.

    Cheers, Matt.

  9. Re: Query on MQ implementation

    We need to make sure when we send a asynchronous message it reaches the destination else rollback the transaction.

    MQ can only control whether a message has or has not been put on a queue within the scope of an application's UOW. In the case of the message being put on a transmission queue, the ultimate delivery to the destination queue (on a different Queue Manager) occurs in a separate UOW over which the app has no control.

    HTH, Glenn.

+ Reply to Thread