Cannot connect to MQ series running on HP UNIX - Websphere

This is a discussion on Cannot connect to MQ series running on HP UNIX - Websphere ; Hi All, I am unable to connect from my SCA application (running on Oracle Application server) to IBM MQ series queue manager running on HP UX. Are there any pre-requisites I should check on wrt IBM MQ? I am using ...

  1. Cannot connect to MQ series running on HP UNIX

    Hi All,

    I am unable to connect from my SCA application (running on Oracle Application server) to IBM MQ series queue manager running on HP UX. Are there any pre-requisites I should check on wrt IBM MQ?

    I am using IBM MQ Series 5.3.

    I have worked on WebSPhere Process Server with WebSPhere MQ 6.0 in the past and hadn't faced any problem. I just had to add the system userid (running WPS) to the mqm group on the machine running MQ series. That helped me smoothly connect to MQ using an Mq adapter (in WPS).

    Pls suggest..

    Regards,
    Radha

  2. Re: Cannot connect to MQ series running on HP UNIX

    On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 01:15:52 -0400, radha.natarajan wrote:

    > I am unable to connect from my SCA application (running on Oracle
    > Application server) to IBM MQ series queue manager running on HP UX. Are
    > there any pre-requisites I should check on wrt IBM MQ?

    That era of MQ adapter needs to allocate some storage in the application
    server's address-space which it will be unable to do if you are using a
    32-bit JVM and have set the JVM heap size to its maximum. The easiest
    fix is probably to use the version 7 MQ java classes and connect as a
    client.

    If you wish to use a bindings mode connection, try reducing the JVM heap
    size by at least 100 MBytes and try again.

    Regards,

    Phil Willoughby
    --
    Staff Software Engineer/Senior Inventor, IBM WebSphere MQ for z/OS
    http://www.ibm.com/support/

  3. Re: Cannot connect to MQ series running on HP UNIX

    What were the error messages or error codes? What is in the MQ error logs on both sides?

    BTW, MQ 5.3 is no longer supported by IBM. Please upgrade to 6.0 or 7.0.

+ Reply to Thread