Help Draining a Queue to a GDG - Websphere

This is a discussion on Help Draining a Queue to a GDG - Websphere ; I would like to think that Websphere MQ and MVS work well together. However, all of our mainframe folks (which I am not) are not familiar with how you could execute JCL to drain a queue to a GDG. Any ...

  1. Help Draining a Queue to a GDG

    I would like to think that Websphere MQ and MVS work well together. However, all of our mainframe folks (which I am not) are not familiar with how you could execute JCL to drain a queue to a GDG. Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Help Draining a Queue to a GDG

    Hello,

    There is a MQ support pac "mo03".....Search for it.

    It has detailed info on the following(the jcl's don't need much of a change(except for the MQ libs -specific to your env),etc)

    Unload a queue to a file
    Load a queue from a file
    Copy a queue from Q1 to Q2
    Move a queue from Q1 to Q2
    Move old messages from Q1 to Q2
    Convert from old file to new

    Have a look.

    Cheers
    Prashant

  3. Re: Help Draining a Queue to a GDG

    Use the COPY and EMPTY functions in CSQUTIL, described in Ch.6 of "WebSphere MQ for z/OS System Administraion Guide version 7.0".

    HTH,
    Glenn.

+ Reply to Thread