Very annoying problem, Sender Channel keeps stopping from time totime. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Very annoying problem, Sender Channel keeps stopping from time totime. - Websphere ; I'm running a Queue Manager in the last year and at the recently weeks I'm passing through a very annoying problem. At repeated times in a day the Sender Channel stop working and stay at Calling or Trying Again, just ...

  1. Very annoying problem, Sender Channel keeps stopping from time totime.

    I'm running a Queue Manager in the last year and at the recently weeks I'm passing through a very annoying problem.
    At repeated times in a day the Sender Channel stop working and stay at Calling or Trying Again, just don't connect until I force stop it and start it again aftear waiting 1 minute or more.

    The Queue Manager are configured with:
    +AdoptNewMCA: ALL;+
    +AdoptNewMCACheck: ALL;+
    +AdoptMCATimeout: 10+

    And the Sender channel:
    +Heartbeat Interval (HBINT): 5;+
    +Disconnect Interval (DISCINT): 0.+
    +Short Retry Count (SHORTRTY): 100;+
    +Short Retry Interval (SHORTTMR): 5;+
    +Long Retry Interval (LONGTMR): 30.+

    All the other configuration are just the defaults.

    Searching about the cause, I have only found this (on windows Event Viewer):
    +"Event Type: Error+
    +Event Source: WebSphere MQ+
    +Event Category: None+
    +Event ID: 9558+
    +Date: 23/3/2009+
    +Time: 15:31:56+
    +User: N/A+
    +Computer: W2K3-C-SMQ-01+
    +Remote Channel is not currently available.+

    +The channel program ended because the channel 'C.IF_633.PRODESP.01' is not currently available on the remote system. This could be because the channel is disabled or that the remote system does not have sufficient resources to run a further channel.+

    +Check the remote system to ensure that the channel is available to run, and retry the operation."+

    Could anyone help me out?

    If you need more information, ask for them and I'll post it.

    Best Regards for all,
    Osnildo

  2. Re: Very annoying problem, Sender Channel keeps stopping from timeto time.

    Your HBINT=5 and SHORTTMR=5 are very small. I suggest lifting these to a higher value, say at least 30.

    How many active channels are their on the remote system? Is it very close or reaching the max channel limit?

  3. Re: Very annoying problem, Sender Channel keeps stopping from timeto time.

    Thanks Glenns, I'll be testing this new values to see if it work...

    Unofrtunately I don't have access to the Remote System (Where my sender conects)...
    I my system I only have 3 channels that I created...

    Does anyone can help me more?

+ Reply to Thread