Whats the use of ESQL?? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Whats the use of ESQL?? - Websphere ; Can anybody tell me what is ESQL and whats the use of ESQL with MQ and JMS ??...

  1. Whats the use of ESQL??

    Can anybody tell me what is ESQL and whats the use of ESQL with MQ and JMS ??

  2. Re: Whats the use of ESQL??

    ESQL is an IBM proprietary language that is used on the WebSphere Message
    Broker (WMB, ex-WMQI, ex-MQSI). ESQL stands for Extended SQL, and is
    roughly based upon the SQL language. Instead of interfacing with a
    database, however, ESQL manipulates "messages". These messages are
    traditionally arriving (and leaving) as MQ messages, but in the WMB today,
    the messages might be JMS, HTTP, SOAP, TCP, etc. The WMB is quite open
    today to multiple "transports". ESQL is a very simple, procedural language
    to access the various bits of a message. If you look around the web, you'll
    surely find snippets of ESQL code that demonstrate the language.

    --
    Carl
    wrote in message
    news:1540420551.1236959293979.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas009.sby.ibm.com...
    > Can anybody tell me what is ESQL and whats the use of ESQL with MQ and
    > JMS ??

  3. Re: Whats the use of ESQL??

    Hi,

    ESQL is the programming language that is used in WebSphere Message Broker(WMB). It is used on nodes within a flow, as an alternative to JAVA and Mappings when developing WMB applications.

    Have'nt seen/informed of its usage with MQ and JMS, bt I think it can only be used in WebSphere Message Broker(stand to be correct here!!!)

    Regards
    Maditoane Marumo

+ Reply to Thread