64-bit API for MQ v6.0 on Windows - Websphere

This is a discussion on 64-bit API for MQ v6.0 on Windows - Websphere ; Anyone know if the V7.0 64-bit MQ client libraries will work against a v6.0 Websphere MQ installation? MQ v6.0 is running on a 64-bit Windows server as a 32-bit application. My issue is that we're trying to run 64-bit WAS ...

  1. 64-bit API for MQ v6.0 on Windows

    Anyone know if the V7.0 64-bit MQ client libraries will work against a v6.0 Websphere MQ installation?

    MQ v6.0 is running on a 64-bit Windows server as a 32-bit application.

    My issue is that we're trying to run 64-bit WAS and 32-bit MQ with our custom built dlls connecting the two. I want to recompile a dll as 64-bit so it can be accessed by the Java code running on WAS but it links to an MQ dll so I need a 64-bit version.

    My preferred solution is just to upgrade MQ to V7.0 but for various reasons that's not going to happen quickly enough.

    Catherine

  2. Re: 64-bit API for MQ v6.0 on Windows

    Yeah, it should work OK, however the new function in V7.0 client that requires interaction with the qmgr won't be available.

  3. Re: 64-bit API for MQ v6.0 on Windows

    Catherine wrote:
    > Anyone know if the V7.0 64-bit MQ client libraries will work
    > against a v6.0 Websphere MQ installation?
    >
    > MQ v6.0 is running on a 64-bit Windows server as a 32-bit
    > application.
    >
    > My issue is that we're trying to run 64-bit WAS and 32-bit MQ
    > with our custom built dlls connecting the two. I want to
    > recompile a dll as 64-bit so it can be accessed by the Java
    > code running on WAS but it links to an MQ dll so I need a
    > 64-bit version.

    I've successfully run a top-to-bottom 64-bit C++ MQ application
    on Windows with the v7 DLLs, against a v6 queue manager running
    in 32-bit mode. However, I've not tried with anything
    Java-related. Should be OK but YMMV.

    Andy
    --

    Andy Piper | Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
    blog: http://andypiper.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread