Install IHS With FP - Websphere

This is a discussion on Install IHS With FP - Websphere ; Hi, I have recently downloaded IHS and Plug-ins Fix Pack 3 for V7 (64-it Windows). Before I had 32-bit IHS successfully running but I un-Installed it because I am using Websphere App Server 64-bit ND. Now I dont have anything ...

  1. Install IHS With FP

    Hi,

    I have recently downloaded IHS and Plug-ins Fix Pack 3 for V7 (64-it Windows). Before I had 32-bit IHS successfully running but I un-Installed it because I am using Websphere App Server 64-bit ND. Now I dont have anything on my machine and want to install IHS and Plug-ins using Fix Pak (*.pak files). How can I do it? I have tried to use the launchpad.exe but it failed to locate the proper package(.pak) then I tried to install the IBM Update installer but its also failing with Exception called 'Could not locate proper java' try again with 'option -is:javahome '.

    I tried to provide SUN java home location and IBM as well which i found during my ND installtion.

    Finally...how Can I do it????

    Please...any suggestions and idea will be appreciated.

    Thanks & Regards.

  2. Re: Install IHS With FP

    sjunejo@temenos.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have recently downloaded IHS and Plug-ins Fix Pack 3 for V7 (64-it Windows). Before I had 32-bit IHS successfully running but I un-Installed it because I am using Websphere App Server 64-bit ND. Now I dont have anything on my machine and want to install IHS and Plug-ins using Fix Pak (*.pak files). How can I do it? I have tried to use the launchpad.exe but it failed to locate the proper package(.pak) then I tried to install the IBM Update installer but its also failing with Exception called 'Could not locate proper java' try again with 'option -is:javahome '.
    >
    > I tried to provide SUN java home location and IBM as well which i found during my ND installtion.
    >
    > Finally...how Can I do it????
    >
    > Please...any suggestions and idea will be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks & Regards.

    You need to first install IHS 64-bit, then you can apply the fixpack.
    The full image install isn't in the fixpack.

    Ken

  3. Re: Install IHS With FP

    /java -is:javahome setup.jar

    being java installation paths

  4. Re: Install IHS With FP

    Hi,

    I tried the following command (s) for Update Installer installation

    1) *java -is:javahome C:\jdk1.5.0_19 update.jar*
    *Urecognised option: -is:javahome*
    *Could not create java virtual machine.*

    2) *java -is:javahome C:\jdk1.5.0_19\bin update.jar*
    *Urecognised option: -is:javahome*
    *Could not create java virtual machine.*

    3) *With IBM Java (I got it from WAS ND .zip file)*
    *java -is:javahome C:\WebSphere\JDK\jre.pak\repository\package.java.j re\java\jre update.jar*
    *Urecognised option: -is:javahome*
    *Could not create java virtual machine.*

    4) update.exe -is:javahome C:\WebSphere\JDK\jre.pak\repository\package.java.j re\java update.jar

    _*Result*_
    It get started extacting but after reaching towards the end of the extraction it gives the same problem as above in my first post.

    NONE worked ....

  5. Re: Install IHS With FP

    Can Some help.... plz

  6. Re: Install IHS With FP

    sjunejo@temenos.com wrote:
    > Can Some help.... plz

    You've already been told that you don't install the product from a
    fixpack. If you're expecting more help, ask a smarter question.

    Eric Covener

+ Reply to Thread