AddModule mod_ibm_ssl.c for SSL - Websphere

This is a discussion on AddModule mod_ibm_ssl.c for SSL - Websphere ; I have been trying to set up SSL for the 6.1 HTTP server and several guides including the one at the below link advise to add AddModule mod_ibm_ssl.c to the configuration file. When I do, I get a message at ...

  1. AddModule mod_ibm_ssl.c for SSL

    I have been trying to set up SSL for the 6.1 HTTP server and several guides including the one at the below link advise to add AddModule mod_ibm_ssl.c to the configuration file. When I do, I get a message at startup that the module is not available. There are no other AddModule directives in the configuration file. Is the guide correct in that this module is required? If so, any ideas why SSL module support is not included in a network deployment?

    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...=utf-8&lang=en

    Thanks for any assistance.

  2. Re: AddModule mod_ibm_ssl.c for SSL

    Brian Allen wrote:
    > I have been trying to set up SSL for the 6.1 HTTP server and several
    > guides including the one at the below link advise to add AddModule
    > mod_ibm_ssl.c to the configuration file. When I do, I get a message
    > at startup that the module is not available. There are no other
    > AddModule directives in the configuration file. Is the guide correct
    > in that this module is required? If so, any ideas why SSL module
    > support is not included in a network deployment?
    >
    > http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...=utf-8&lang=en
    >

    > Thanks for any assistance.

    AddModule is a 1.3.x-ism, so it's not needed. You are correct that
    there's no LoadModule nor example SSL stanza in IHS default conf before 7.0.

    here's the example config and link to the certificate mgmt work you need to:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce..._setupssl.html
    --
    Eric Covener

  3. Re: AddModule mod_ibm_ssl.c for SSL

    On 13 mar, 21:59, Brian Allen wrote:
    > I have been trying to set up SSL for the 6.1 HTTP server and several guides including the one at the below link advise to add AddModule mod_ibm_ssl.c to the configuration file. *When I do, I get a message at startup that the module is not available. *There are no other AddModule directives in the configuration file. *Is the guide correct in that this module is required? *If so, any ideas why SSL module support is not included in a network deployment?
    >
    > http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...t=SSEQTJ&q1=SS...
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance.

    LoadModule ibm_ssl_module modules/mod_ibm_ssl.so

+ Reply to Thread