IHS 6.1.0.11-Retrieve the original client IP with IBM Edge CachingProxy - Websphere

This is a discussion on IHS 6.1.0.11-Retrieve the original client IP with IBM Edge CachingProxy - Websphere ; Happy New Year to all of you. My proxy-based environment consists of IBM Edge Server Caching proxy (reverse proxy) and IBM HTTP Server 6.1.0.11 . What I want to achieve is to retrieve the *original client IP address* of each ...

  1. IHS 6.1.0.11-Retrieve the original client IP with IBM Edge CachingProxy

    Happy New Year to all of you.

    My proxy-based environment consists of IBM Edge Server Caching proxy (reverse proxy) and IBM HTTP Server 6.1.0.11 .

    What I want to achieve is to retrieve the *original client IP address* of each request.
    Is that possible?

  2. Re: IHS 6.1.0.11-Retrieve the original client IP with IBM Edge CachingProxy

    Panayotis Havariotis wrote:
    > Happy New Year to all of you.
    >
    > My proxy-based environment consists of IBM Edge Server Caching proxy (reverse proxy) and IBM HTTP Server 6.1.0.11 .
    >
    > What I want to achieve is to retrieve the *original client IP address* of each request.
    > Is that possible?

    Where do you want to retrieve it? in the proxy or the appserver?

    Be aware that if your clients are coming in from a proxy server the
    originating browser's address may not be retrievable at all.

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread