How to run websphere on Solaris machine - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to run websphere on Solaris machine - Websphere ; hi, I have installed the websphere 6.1 on AMD 64bit solaris machine. can any body tell me how to run Websphere application server on solaris. Thanks in advance Kumar...

  1. How to run websphere on Solaris machine

    hi,

    I have installed the websphere 6.1 on AMD 64bit solaris machine. can any body tell me how to run Websphere application server on solaris.

    Thanks in advance

    Kumar

  2. Re: How to run websphere on Solaris machine

    Navigate to was_install/profile_root/bin directory and start the server associated with the profile using the startServer.sh command and providing the server name, the default should be server1.
    If you have created a default profile during installation , navigate to was_install/bin and issue the command startServer.sh the server associated with the default profile.

  3. Re: How to run websphere on Solaris machine

    kumar.priya@sdgc.com schrieb:
    > hi,
    >
    > I have installed the websphere 6.1 on AMD 64bit solaris machine. can any body tell me how to run Websphere application server on solaris.

    Run? Never, cause this slow crap can only creep.

    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Kumar

  4. Re: How to run websphere on Solaris machine

    kumar.priya@sdgc.com wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > I have installed the websphere 6.1 on AMD 64bit solaris machine. can any body tell me how to run Websphere application server on solaris.
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Kumar

    Start by reading the Infocenter:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...v6r1/index.jsp

  5. Re: How to run websphere on Solaris machine

    hi,

    i run this command we get following error

    /startServer.sh server1
    ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file
    /export/home/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1/startServer.log
    ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1
    ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error:
    com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.NoServerDef inedException: No
    configuration defined for server: server1
    ADMU1211I: To obtain a full trace of the failure, use the -trace option.
    ADMU0211I: Error details may be seen in the file:
    /export/home/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1/startServer.log

    please help

    Thanks

    Kumar

  6. Re: How to run websphere on Solaris machine

    kumar.priya@sdgc.com wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i run this command we get following error
    >
    > /startServer.sh server1
    > ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file
    > /export/home/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1/startServer.log
    > ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1
    > ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error:
    > com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.NoServerDef inedException: No
    > configuration defined for server: server1
    > ADMU1211I: To obtain a full trace of the failure, use the -trace option.
    > ADMU0211I: Error details may be seen in the file:
    > /export/home/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1/startServer.log
    >

    > please help
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Kumar

    What's in
    /export/home/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1/systemOut.log
    ?

    Ken

  7. Re: How to run websphere on Solaris machine

    You may check your AppServer name, to do this easily run the serverStatus command like : serverStatus.sh -all , it will show the status and and names of all the servers you have configured, so you can pick up the correct server name nad run the StartServer command again.

    Regards

  8. Re: How to run websphere on Solaris machine

    Thanks.

    The server is running now, basically when i install the WAS the profile were not created prperly, thats why we getting this error. aftr creation of profile it is working perfectly now.

    thanks

    Kumar

+ Reply to Thread